Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit down on a moondust. I told the dealer I wanted to get the bike during the winter. Although I can't ride, I want to throw some goodies on it. So after a few months I noticed they are out now. I call my dealer and he says he didn't even put the order though yet because its winter anyway. I was going to pay cash but I have 5 months to save a down payment on a house so ill be financing it. The salesman then try's convincing me to use my house money to pay cash rather then financing. Then he tells me his otd price and its $500 more then a dealership 45 minutes away. Is it time to take my deposit back and switch dealers or what?

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
Hopefully you put the deposit on a credit card, otherwise I think you're screwed unless you have an agreement with him to get your money back. Down here the deposit is non refundable unless you did a chargeback on your credit card.

You should have agreed on an OTD price when you put a deposit down though so you might be screwed.

However, he can't make you pay cash either way. just get your own financing and tell him to shut it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I actually just got a deposit back from a dealer from mid october. The only reason I got it back was because I put it on a credit card. When I ordered the bike, they said it would be there in about 4 days. This turned to a week, then another week, then indefinite, then the wrong color came in but they said that's what I ordered. I asked for my money back, and weeks of calling went by with no progress and getting shuffled between managers. I disputed the charges on my card and gave them a deadline of when legal action would be taken, and got my money back the day before the deadline. Luckily I had already bought my bike from a different dealer on Nov 2nd.
Long story short, it's tough to get a deposit back, but with a credit card, you have some degree of protection. Oh, and it was Hall Motorsports of Daphne AL for those of you wondering who would do that.
/End Rant

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As far as I`ve seen, no one has laid eyes on a Moondust Gray in Canada yet. I got word that the black ABS version arrived 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to hear anyone receiving the SE ABS version yet. Last I heard shipments were scheduled to arrive in February at the latest.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Take your deposit back! The dealer should always do what the customer wants not what he wants, also if the price is more then why would you buy it from him? You can get your deposit back even if you paid cash or credit. As long as you have a receipt that shows you paid the deposit you're fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I put the deposit down the salesman said I can take it out whenever I want. Last time I checked there was a dealer in niagara that has a moondust. The dealer that has an otd price that's $500 less then my dealer told me there's 3 in ontario that are in stock at dealerships. And they told me more are coming in 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sorry I think you misunderstood. They told me I could take my deposit out, not the bike. I tried posting a link of a moondust that's on kijiji but it didn't work
Oh ok, but I do think some people are test driving. Unless I'm misunderstanding a lot. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
839 Posts
We (my husband & I) purchased our bikes from separate dealers after putting deposits on a bike from one dealer. They will play games, because our first dealer whom we ended up purchasing my husbands bike from had one stardust white in stock. We both wanted that color and had our minds set on it, after going to his office and "making some calls" he said he had another dealer that was willing to transfer him a stardust from down south, a "sister" store. Well low and behold 2 weeks later, still no bike. I really kinda think the other dealer backed out on him due to demand so I can't blame him completely...but that being said we had put money down on each bike. I had no issues what so ever getting my deposit back to bring to another dealer.

Also, when we got to the other dealer (which we had spoke to in advance) we were informed that our first dealer was trying to get them to release their white to them in a panic after the dealer down south bailed on them. He didn't want to lose the sale. Well our second dealer knew our OTD price from the dealer and everything, it was VERY obvious they had talked in depth. Maybe something to keep in mind, dealers do talk to one another :p Non-related but true. The dealer for my bike matched the OTD and gave me the extended warranty for free when we went it.

I did use a charge card and maybe thats why they didn't fight it, but I say you should always be able to get your deposit back as long as you kept a receipt or signed log of the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as I`ve seen, no one has laid eyes on a Moondust Gray in Canada yet. I got word that the black ABS version arrived 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to hear anyone receiving the SE ABS version yet. Last I heard shipments were scheduled to arrive in February at the latest.

Fyi I live in Calgary, Alberta, and there's a shop called "Blackfoot Motorsports" here that has a Moondust Gray 300 in their showroom. It is simply GORGEOUS in person.

·
Banned
14 Posts
I put a deposit down on a moondust. I told the dealer I wanted to get the bike during the winter. Although I can't ride, I want to throw some goodies on it. So after a few months I noticed they are out now. I call my dealer and he says he didn't even put the order though yet because its winter anyway. I was going to pay cash but I have 5 months to save a down payment on a house so ill be financing it. The salesman then try's convincing me to use my house money to pay cash rather then financing. Then he tells me his otd price and its $500 more then a dealership 45 minutes away. Is it time to take my deposit back and switch dealers or what?
how much is the bike?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.