Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :
I am trying to find out the cost of maintenance should I service my bike at the dealership for :
600 mile/1 month, 3800 mile/6month, 7600mile/12month, 11400 mile/18 month, 15200 mile/24month, 19000 mile 30 month, 22800 mile/36 month .

Can I estimate roughly $250 per service at dealership in the LA (Los Angeles, USA) area? Are there any maintenance, like the 15200 mile where valve tuning would incur larger cost ?

Appreciate your response.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Until the valve check is required, maintenance is basically oil change plus check tightness of bolts. Try doing it yourself. You'll save a lot of money, and if you have questions we'll help you out on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Until the valve check is required, maintenance is basically oil change plus check tightness of bolts. Try doing it yourself. You'll save a lot of money, and if you have questions we'll help you out on this forum.
100% agree. It’s crazy to me that someone would pay $250 for basically an oil change. It’s really easy stuff, doesn’t take a lot of time and there’s so much info online these days. You also learn about your bike which is priceless to me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you own a bike you need to make at least some of your own maintenance, unless you have a butler. I mean every 400 miles you need to lube your chain. Are you going to bring it to the dealer for that? I honestly would not trust a dealership in the 1st place anyway. I would find a trustworthy mechanic. I trust the local dealer just to change my tires.

I know Onik in Burbank (autotech) is honest, if you're not too far from him. for some reason years ago he told me he doesn't check valves and suggested someone else, but I ended up doing it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your feedback - my #1 concern is would I void the Kawasaki warranty with DIY maintenance. As long as I keep records for oil purchases, I should be good?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would buy kawi oil and filter from a dealer and keep the receipts. That should be enough. Maybe take some pictures with dates when you do the oil change.

No modification will TOTALLY VOID your warranty. When you make a warranty claim, each case is evaluated independently.
A heavy modification on the engine shouldn't matter if your claim is on the brakes, for example.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts