Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellow ninja-ers,

I was wondering, has anyone tried changing the backlighting on the dash/tacho yet?

I assume the tacho lights are just t10 leds but my concern is the speedo screen. I haven't bothered to pull it apart yet so I'm not sure what the situation is back there.

Just curious to see if anyone has done it or if I'll he the guinea pig for this one.

Cheers all

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once I get round to pulling the fairings off for my next plasti dip attempt I'll have a closer look then. I did a Google search the other day but all I could find was 250r mods. Here I was thinking I could he different lol

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
yeah the instrument cluster on the 250 the 300 is completely different.if you get the fairings off it will be much easier to look at the rear of the instrument cluster for sure.

250 dash/instrument cluster

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I can't say I'm a fan of the analogue cluster, seemed so outdated on the 250. It was one thing that kept me looking at a new 300, that and the fuel injection

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think up until I fully decided on the 300, the main reason I was still thinking the 250 was because I could get a blue one lol. That may be a bit obvious by how I'm modding this one :p

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the tint I'd need? If I get a bit more than I need for the tacho I can try having a bit of fun with it elsewherehttp://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
goto a shop that does car window tinting. ask them if they have any off cuts, or just go thru their bin when their not looking, LOL

i bet they give you a small bit for nothing

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i have done more reading on this, the lights in the instrument panel, everyone of them is LED, and they are not in sockets according to the wiring diagram, so its a sealed unit. if they go kaput, best of luck trying to pull the panel apart if it out of warranty

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks cruizin, might be something I play around with in the future, unless I come across a cheap 2nd hand unit.

I'll make sure to post some pics up once I get the tint done :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
cool mate, keep us posted. by the looks of it, the only way to get inside the instrument cluster would be to split it in half. you could do this with a rotary tool/dremmel tool & a very fine cutting disc & run it very carefully all the way around the outside. once inside you can do the mods and then use silicon gel to reseal it with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts