Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
might want to turn your speakers down

:mob: out of all the Danmoto slipons, the jisu it the best for the ninja 300. the carbon/titanium "GP" model is okaaay but after seeing all the yellow/burning of the carbon fiber people were having, im like aww naw. "jisu" is chinese for "motorsport" so in short the jisu is the clear winner in looks, function AND price.

:suspense.001: the quality of the jisu is great, stainless steel end caps and the sleeve is anodized aluminum. weight is just shy of 7 pounds. due to the universal-ness the springs are useless as they're too long, so im using some thick wire to hold it til i can source shorter ones. the mounting strap now has ovals cut into it (compared to previous DM straps included in the kits) but mine werent straight, the die-cut was slanted to the rubber gasket thing so now that looks terrible, which btw is now cut with the same ovals and is made of better quality silicone so its less prone to melting on race bikes/really hot mufflers.

:dizzy: the curved adapter (part that makes it fit your bike) is "slightly" oval shaped so its hard to get in, so grab a metal file or dremel and de-burr the edges so itll slip in the muffler inlet with less force. you still want a LITTLE difficulty putting it in so itll hold firmer and not risk leakage. the diamond shape REALLY fits the 300 style, but naturally the inside end is too close to the swingarm, so i know ill have rubbing, but thats doesnt bother me. the aluminum does a decent job at heat dissipation, so i dont feel the brake line will be subject to melting/ballooning/unsafeness, (this is why kawi shaped the stocker like they did too) plus the metal "bar" on the swingarm that holds the line down acts as a spacer.

:emot-yarr: included is a peanut shaped piece thats meant to lower the muffler from the stock mounting bolt, but its universal too, so ill make a shorter one to angle it up higher. with the stocker, my heel would constantly touch the heat shield and i felt like it would melt my shoe, but that problem is loooong gone as the jisu frees up plenty of foot-room.

:emot-cop: the sound is (as cheryl from Archer would say) "ahh-MAAAAZIIIIIING". the bike sounds like a subaru WRX with a racing exhaust when you open up, and a ducati when you decel. idle is nice and deep barry white status. it pops and backfires between shifts but i think its the ecu not yet used to the decreased pressure. with the stock can my bike felt like it couldnt exhale fast enough over 8k rpms, as if it was being choked, but now 11k is a breeze. i just hope im not risking engine life by it being pretty much free flowing at idle. [any advice on that is welcomed as i want my bike to last as long as possible]

:stickpoke_smilie: there is a slight loss in torque in low and high rpm ranges. the bike is comfortable in the 5.5k to 7.5k revs where i do most of my in town driving anyway (40 mph). highway riding is actually quite comfortable, no buzzing in your helmet, barely any additional vibration, and theres still some room for acceleration at 90 mph.

:whatdoyouthink: in the day i feel safer knowing people can hear me, but at night i feel its TOO loud, as in uncomfortable seeing a cop loud. it doesnt help the bike gets louder as the engine warms up. im not gonna spend another $20 on the DBkiller when i could weld one up out of scraps for night use. i still think DM should include DBkillers standard like everyone else. other than the minor inconvenience, the bike feels and sounds beefy with a slight classy tone, and you wont feel bad if you lay your bike down.

:10:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
vid to come soon

:mob: out of all the Danmoto slipons, the jisu it the best for the ninja 300. the carbon/titanium "GP" model is okaaay but after seeing all the yellow/burning of the carbon fiber people were having, im like aww naw. "jisu" is chinese for "motorsport" so in short the jisu is the clear winner in looks, function AND price.

Nearly all carbon fibre will yellow if left in the sun. UV damage. Unless muffler is UV resistant coated. JISU is Chinese for Motorsport? Where did you get that? I have Chinese people at work here and I just asked them. It has different meanings depending on how it is pronounced and the tone. The closest that they could tell me was it means "At a great speed or very fast".

:suspense.001: the quality of the jisu is great, stainless steel end caps and the sleeve is anodized aluminum. weight is just shy of 7 pounds. due to the universal-ness the springs are useless as they're too long, so im using some thick wire to hold it til i can source shorter ones. the mounting strap now has ovals cut into it (compared to previous DM straps included in the kits) but mine werent straight, the die-cut was slanted to the rubber gasket thing so now that looks terrible, which btw is now cut with the same ovals and is made of better quality silicone so its less prone to melting on race bikes/really hot mufflers.

:dizzy: the curved adapter (part that makes it fit your bike) is "slightly" oval shaped so its hard to get in, so grab a metal file or dremel and de-burr the edges so itll slip in the muffler inlet with less force. you still want a LITTLE difficulty putting it in so itll hold firmer and not risk leakage. the diamond shape REALLY fits the 300 style, but naturally the inside end is too close to the swingarm, so i know ill have rubbing, but thats doesnt bother me. the aluminum does a decent job at heat dissipation, so i dont feel the brake line will be subject to melting/ballooning/unsafeness, (this is why kawi shaped the stocker like they did too) plus the metal "bar" on the swingarm that holds the line down acts as a spacer.

:emot-yarr: included is a peanut shaped piece thats meant to lower the muffler from the stock mounting bolt, but its universal too, so ill make a shorter one to angle it up higher. with the stocker, my heel would constantly touch the heat shield and i felt like it would melt my shoe, but that problem is loooong gone as the jisu frees up plenty of foot-room.

:emot-cop: the sound is (as cheryl from Archer would say) "ahh-MAAAAZIIIIIING". the bike sounds like a subaru WRX with a racing exhaust when you open up, and a ducati when you decel. idle is nice and deep barry white status. it pops and backfires between shifts but i think its the ecu not yet used to the decreased pressure. with the stock can my bike felt like it couldnt exhale fast enough over 8k rpms, as if it was being choked, but now 11k is a breeze. i just hope im not risking engine life by it being pretty much free flowing at idle. [any advice on that is welcomed as i want my bike to last as long as possible]

The ECU wont learn anything. What it is doing now, is what it will continue to do. It is not a learning ECU.

:stickpoke_smilie: there is a slight loss in torque in low and high rpm ranges. the bike is comfortable in the 5.5k to 7.5k revs where i do most of my in town driving anyway (40 mph). highway riding is actually quite comfortable, no buzzing in your helmet, barely any additional vibration, and theres still some room for acceleration at 90 mph.

This power loss is due to the loss of backpressure. Add a dB killer and you will gain some of that loss back.

:whatdoyouthink: in the day i feel safer knowing people can hear me, but at night i feel its TOO loud, as in uncomfortable seeing a cop loud. it doesnt help the bike gets louder as the engine warms up. im not gonna spend another $20 on the DBkiller when i could weld one up out of scraps for night use. i still think DM should include DBkillers standard like everyone else. other than the minor inconvenience, the bike feels and sounds beefy with a slight classy tone, and you wont feel bad if you lay your bike down.

Danmoto are the bottom of the barrel for exhausts IMO. All exhausts should come with dB killers.

:10:
Curious...........how you can give the exhaust 10/10 when all the above problems you mentioned?

I will add a pic so everyone knows what exhaust you are talking about. Do you have a pic with it installed on your bike?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cuz im happy with it! im not gonna knock on DM because the universal parts that arent made to specifically fit certain bikes, dont specifically fit certain bikes. everyone expects to get an ebay slip on and think its gonna have godlike clearances and 100% fit. youve gotta be prepared to put in some work. sure its not great for picky consumers or people with zero fabrication skills, but for the price and a little sweat, its a great product for our bikes imo.

Reactions: jeff

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
video added

1 - 5 of 5 Posts