Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... while installing sliders yesterday I had to battle a couple of hoses on the right hand side of the bike. Things got a little crazy and before you know it this hose is just dangling.

Ok...now that you've had a good laugh at the phrase "Dangling hose"..... Does anyone know what this hose is? And where it connects? There was no fluid at all in the hose, I don't see any hose clamps that were disconnected or that broke, and I don't see anywhere it could connect.

I checked the service manual but I have NO idea where to even look for this thing, let alone to find info about it.

·
Banned
229 Posts
^this

funny though bc i had a "wtf" moment when I saw a dangling hose after taking the fairings off. Routed it back to where it originated and then realized what it was. Would have been a good laugh if I freaked out and brought it back to the dealer a haha

·
Registered
923 Posts
^this

funny though bc i had a "wtf" moment when I saw a dangling hose after taking the fairings off. Routed it back to where it originated and then realized what it was. Would have been a good laugh if I freaked out and brought it back to the dealer a haha
haha, I'm sure they would have been like, " yep, well we found your problem ( pull up suspenders) and it'll only cost ya $100. We're glad you came in, who knows how long ya had before you started noticing a problem."

·
Registered
923 Posts
I actually had the same problem while installing my frame sliders. However I just ended up having the hose dangle. Is the slot you speak of on the fairing it self or on the bike ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You have one hose almost directly above your kickstand. 1365998381156.jpg It isn't attached to the fairing.
The other one on the other side of the bike is just behind this 1365998451745.jpg
On your lower fairing that says Kawasaki
1365998524360.jpg this is from the inside. There is a metal bracket and it just sits right in the middle of it.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
You have one hose almost directly above your kickstand. View attachment 2617 It isn't attached to the fairing.
The other one on the other side of the bike is just behind this View attachment 2618
On your lower fairing that says Kawasaki
View attachment 2619 this is from the inside. There is a metal bracket and it just sits right in the middle of it.
Wow thanks for this post I was having a hard time finding all my dangling hoses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts