Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
35063 35063-0839 STAY,STEP HOLDER,FR,LH $58.25

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/pages/oemparts#/Kawasaki/EX300BDFA_Ninja_300_ABS_%282013%29/FOOTRESTS/EX300BDFA-2013/I17I1795F21601

Just a few bolts, no biggie. That website has the best OEM price I could find for the sliders and cowling cover.

for $60 I think it might be time to upgrade!

P.S. That gear change rod has a reverse thread! don't break that too! And if you bend the lever again, take it off first then slip two box wrenches over it and pry them in opposite directions. That lever is really soft, I bent it with my bare hands.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
The internet is your friend! I always check online before buying from the dealer.
I usually do a quick scan from amazon.com then use google.com to look for OEM parts sites.
Shipping is usually far better than markup, especially if you get free shipping!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I layed it down for the second time, this time bending the clutch in so I can't change gears, so I grab something to start bending it back out and I snap the whole piece off completely anyone know the price of the piece and how hard it is it install??? View attachment 1945 View attachment 1946

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I managed to do the same thing, I don't understand why they use pot metal for this part, it's a load of BS. I would like to find a steel version of this part or have it fabricated. I ordered a replacement part from 2wheelpros.com and took over two weeks to get here just to find out they sent me the wrong F#$king part! I'm very pissed off right now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've got like 3 of those pedals now. One still bent right. The other bent in, but could be bent back into shape.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I managed to do the same thing, I don't understand why they use pot metal for this part, it's a load of BS. I would like to find a steel version of this part or have it fabricated. I ordered a replacement part from 2wheelpros.com and took over two weeks to get here just to find out they sent me the wrong F#$king part! I'm very pissed off right now.
All the bits that hang out the side of the bike are SUPPOSED to be light and easy to bend and break. That way when the bike gets dropped or crashes on it's side, the lever with it's mechanical advantage, isn't bending the rearsets and damaging the frame. The softer metal also means the part will deform and break off hopefully before punching a hole into the engine case. You want all the things that poke out from the side of the bike to cleanly break off and bend.

btw, nice thread revival and welcome to the forums. :D :welcome:

·
Super Moderator
2,558 Posts
If you upgrade to rearsets, many of the better ones, like Vortex, will have a spring loaded, hinged joint designed to fold in instead or bending/breaking off in the event the bike goes down.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
If you upgrade to rearsets, many of the better ones, like Vortex, will have a spring loaded, hinged joint designed to fold in instead or bending/breaking off in the event the bike goes down.
I've got the vortex rear sets and they aren't hinged. In fact, most after market, race spec rear sets aren't hinged at all. Saves weight not having the hinge mechanism. Most stock OEM versions are hinged though since they aren't worried as much about reducing as much weight as possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,558 Posts
I've got the vortex rear sets and they aren't hinged. In fact, most after market, race spec rear sets aren't hinged at all. Saves weight not having the hinge mechanism. Most stock OEM versions are hinged though since they aren't worried as much about reducing as much weight as possible.

I have the 9 position adjustable Vortex rearsets and they are hinged, which is kind of nice in that if you low side on the track, you can still shift. They also have the snap point on the pegs that is designed to leave you enough to still ride if you break them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Its cast so it will most likely break. You should try to heat it up then bend it. Don't buy your shifter from the dealer. Search ebay, amazon. You will save alot of money for the SAME part. ITS A SHIFTER!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I replaced my shifter few weeks ago. Got it from eBay. ($34) I didn't go for OEM. This replacement the tip is foldable with return spring. Supposed to be less damage to the bike if I lay down again. ImageUploadedByMO Free1407046909.945669.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1407046927.778366.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1407046969.875388.jpg

Reactions: Raphael

·
Registered
996 Posts
I dunno man I'd be worried that it'd fold in when I tried to shift or pulled my toes out from under the shift lever... It folds back toward the rear of the bike I assume?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I dunno man I'd be worried that it'd fold in when I tried to shift or pulled my toes out from under the shift lever... It folds back toward the rear of the bike I assume?

Yes it folds toward the back of the bike. It has pretty good resistance with the spring. So it doesn't just fold, just like the pegs. (Not passenger pegs) No problem yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If your pegs break or whatever on this bike, go aftermarket. The OEM parts are so expensive and aren't that great. I dropped my bike once and the whole brake rearset snapped clean off. I got aftermarket rearsets after that and i've dropped it harder since then and no damage done. To get completely new sets may be more expensive but it will safe you money in the future if you tend to drop it a lot :emot-ninja:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I replaced my shifter few weeks ago. Got it from eBay. ($34) I didn't go for OEM. This replacement the tip is foldable with return spring. Supposed to be less damage to the bike if I lay down again. View attachment 49273 View attachment 49281 View attachment 49289

I have the same shifter. You won't fold it on accident when shifting. The only con with this shifter is if you wear normal tennis shoes it is a little painful on the toes.

·
Banned
41 Posts
The folding gearshift is great. They are used a lot on dirt bikes -- specifically because of frequent tip-overs. My KLR has one and it has been dropped several times -- no gear shift damage. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts