Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

3021 - 3040 of 3050 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
How do you guys deal with insects and them splattering up your visor? Im thinking of taking some baby wipes with me on long rides. The summer time here brings em out something fierce.
On long rides I have a tail bag and I carry a small spray bottle of lens cleaner (like for glasses) and a microfiber cloth. Or, it's expensive, but I do have a shield with tear-off posts and I do have a stack of tear-offs. Those I generally save for things like June bugs at the track of crap like that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
After a couple of decent rides (60-100mi) I thought maybe an Airhawk or gel seatcover might be nice. Then I double-checked my rear sag, clicked the pre-load up a notch (pos 4 for me) and not a problem since. Though I have got a 300mi ride coming next week, see what that brings.
What do you mean by rear sag and pre-load?

I'm new to bikes lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
What do you mean by rear sag and pre-load?

I'm new to bikes lol
You can look up how to set it correctly, but it's the preload adjuster on your rear shock. It doesn't make your suspension stiffer or softer (that's in the spring rate), but adjusts how the bike supports your weight, so the suspension can respond correctly over bumps & such. 'Sag' is the difference between the length of the unloaded shock and how much it 'sags' when you sit on the bike.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
484 Posts
How do you guys deal with insects and them splattering up your visor? Im thinking of taking some baby wipes with me on long rides. The summer time here brings em out something fierce.
On long rides I have a tail bag and I carry a small spray bottle of lens cleaner (like for glasses) and a microfiber cloth. Or, it's expensive, but I do have a shield with tear-off posts and I do have a stack of tear-offs. Those I generally save for things like June bugs at the track of crap like that.
I think tear offs are illegal here for tracks now which suck. Definitly would be illegal on the road because a cop would probably pull you over for littering. Spray bottle would be a bit big to fit in the back of my gixx but a wet cloth in a lunch bag would be perfect actually.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think tear offs are illegal here for tracks now which suck. Definitly would be illegal on the road because a cop would probably pull you over for littering. Spray bottle would be a bit big to fit in the back of my gixx but a wet cloth in a lunch bag would be perfect actually.
... there is that whole littering thing, but we won't talk about that.

The spray bottle doesn't have to be very big. I picked this up at Costco and it's more than enough for several very buggy days. (Plus free refills!)

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ohh right yea lense cleaner derp yea might actually try that seeing as i have some lying round somewhere.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I don't carry any cleaner. I have some plastic surface cleaner at home that I use, which is cheaper than cleaners being marketed as motorcycle products. If I'm on a road trip I'll either put some plastic cleaner in a small bottle and carry napkins from fast food joints or stop and clean my visor at gas stations or food joints in the bathroom. or i'll just wipe it on my shirt.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ok, I went out to ride my bicycle at one of the local riding trails. I stopped at the covered benches where people keep their gear and saw it appeared someone left their hat. It was kind of weird, it said "Flashlight" on it. I was wondering if this was a new fashion brand or something like that. On second glance I saw it actually said "Fleshlight" whatever the heck that is. When I got home my curiosity got the better of me and I Googled "Fleshlight". Thank God I didn't Google that at work!

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,033
Ok, I went out to ride my bicycle at one of the local riding trails. I stopped at the covered benches where people keep their gear and saw it appeared someone left their hat. It was kind of weird, it said "Flashlight" on it. I was wondering if this was a new fashion brand or something like that. On second glance I saw it actually said "Fleshlight" whatever the heck that is. When I got home my curiosity got the better of me and I Googled "Fleshlight". Thank God I didn't Google that at work!
:laugh2::laugh2: I just laughed so hard! And how happy are you that you didn't pick it up?

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's about that time a year again for us Rogue!!

Reactions: Rogue

·
Super Moderator
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,037
It's about that time a year again for us Rogue!!
Yes, yes it is! Except for that weird snow storm we're supposed to get this week and then it's supposed to be 60 degrees the next day? WTF is up with that? The bike and me are ready to roll, though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, yes it is! Except for that weird snow storm we're supposed to get this week and then it's supposed to be 60 degrees the next day? WTF is up with that? The bike and me are ready to roll, though.

lol, I'm right there with you! The weather is all sorts of confused but oddly, I'm not surprised, there seems to always be at least 1 snowfall in March/April and then be hot out the next day :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Can't sleep. Ninja going strong 18k + miles now

3021 - 3040 of 3050 Posts