Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

3001 - 3020 of 3050 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Saw LWR and now watching LWD. I'ts only semi interesting. All the support they have makes the trip less adventurous for my liking; the only part I found interesting was them having to find a way through Siberia's Road of Bones. Ewan's liberal anti hunting, anti gun speeches were crocks of shit.

After reading so many ADVRider ride reports, a trip is much more fun when you have more uncertainty and have to rely on yourself and maybe a couple of riding partners. Plus, Charlie having a temper tantrum because KTM wouldn't give them FREE bikes was annoying. KTM isn't even that great of a bike, from what I've heard from several former KTM owners.
I agree that there isn't a lot of adventure when all your gear is in a caravan of trucks. I did like the parts when they were separated from the trucks. Charley's tantrum was more because they promised bikes then visited them and retracted their offer because they didn't think they would make it. That IS pretty crappy. However, I don't feel sorry for them since they did get 3 brand new BMW enduro bikes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Raaahhar :001_tt2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
AZ in the winter time is hard to beat! Right now the high for the week is low 70's and has pretty much stayed in the 60's most of the day. Could be more twisty roads nearby :/ but the weather is fantastic!

·
Registered
410 Posts
i hate you daytonads... well not hate. just envy :D

Reactions: Rogue

·
Registered
664 Posts
AZ in the winter time is hard to beat! Right now the high for the week is low 70's and has pretty much stayed in the 60's most of the day. Could be more twisty roads nearby :/ but the weather is fantastic!
This weekend isn't looking too hot, 60's and low 70's but next weekend has a lot of potential!

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
I rode 146 miles on the 300 today.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put 100 on yesterday.
Longest ride so far for me.

And now I'm thinking, what seats have you guys upgraded to? Lol

After a couple of decent rides (60-100mi) I thought maybe an Airhawk or gel seatcover might be nice. Then I double-checked my rear sag, clicked the pre-load up a notch (pos 4 for me) and not a problem since. Though I have got a 300mi ride coming next week, see what that brings.

·
Registered
410 Posts
for me, my booty starts hurting at the 100-150 mile marker, but honestly, it depends on what type of ride it is. If it's more of a relaxed distance ride, I can usually ride a bit longer without fatigue. My longest ride to date is 260 miles which was actually 2 up the whole time(stopped a few times), which is what I got out of the tank that trip. :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
How do you guys deal with insects and them splattering up your visor? Im thinking of taking some baby wipes with me on long rides. The summer time here brings em out something fierce.

·
Registered
410 Posts
How do you guys deal with insects and them splattering up your visor? Im thinking of taking some baby wipes with me on long rides. The summer time here brings em out something fierce.
that's actually a pretty good idea, with the baby wipes, i use to just use a microfiber cloth and some water but it seems to scratch my visor :/

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've always found just a wet face cloth does the trick, but I haven't really been watching to see if that scratches the visor. Probably should look into that since I scored a free Bell photochromatic shield with my helmet.

3001 - 3020 of 3050 Posts