Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle Gear in Hicksville, NY is hosting a BIKE NIGHT. This is a new location that opened up in October of '13. I'll be going with a buddy who owns a 05 636. There's going to be great deals, raffles, food and refreshments. It will be on Wednesday August 13th @ 5pm, and runs til 8pm. If you're in the area, and feel like going. Please feel free to post here, and we'll make plans to meet beforehand so we can ride there together. Also, feel free to send a PM if you want an immediate response from me.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'd go but I it's raining all day, in my area at least.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It cleared up here beautifully just like the weather said it would. Will cancelled out because he said the roads were wet even though they're mostly dry now. He always says it's either too hot, too cold, too windy...always something so he's not coming now. It's just Luis and I.

I'm meeting Luis at McD in about 20 minutes, and we are going to head to Cycle Gear.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It was raining all morning and afternoon so I went ahead and started some repairs. Front end of my bike is apart, stuck doing something that should've taken 20 mins and is taking over 2 hours now. Can't make it :/

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was raining all morning and afternoon so I went ahead and started some repairs. Front end of my bike is apart, stuck doing something that should've taken 20 mins and is taking over 2 hours now. Can't make it :/
Damn, it's alright though because you guys have OUTSTANDING weather for tomorrow. If the NJ CG location wasn't almost 2 hours away, I would definitely come but I wouldn't do the ride alone. I would want one or two others to tag along of course.

·
Registered
952 Posts
dang that cycle gear look very unimpressive. I'm used to seeing the SD cycle gear. It's fancy

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That cycle gear looks a lot fancier than the nj one I can tell ya that lol.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This guy rolled up with the '15 636 Anniversary Edition. We started talking as I have the White / Black '14 636, and he loved my M4GP, and said he's totally going to get one after hearing it. The bike actually looks pretty damn nice in person outside of the showroom. He had his GF on the back who is cool too. We rode a bit after we left, and we exchanged numbers and stuff. Going to ride again soon. I had a picture of it but it magically disappeared from my phone.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a pic of one I saw at the dealer, and the zx10r as well. I gotta say the 30th editions look much better in person, and all the green accents such as the top of the forks and the rear shock, etc look really nice too. Cool that you met another mate too. Always cool to make some new friends/riding buddies after a bike night.

·
Registered
262 Posts
in ny eh?....does that mean there is a cop lurking at every street corner looking to write tickets?:emot-ninja:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts