Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was that an easy fabrication? What do u have to do to fabricate one. I've never done it so that's why I'm askin
Yeah was a fairly straight forward fab, to do one you pretty much have to get your material then mark it all out measure, cut, drill, file and paint. I used all the original bolts off the previous bracket so it worked out really good.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
What is the 3rd bolt down from the top? Is the brake reservoir line attached to the bracket as well?

I dont know if you know much about the 250R I seen you other post, on the 250R the fluid reservoir attaches to the frame, and on the 300 the reservoir attaches to the peg bracket so there is an issue with how to mount that if a 250R bracket was to fit..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I wanted to bump this, anyone else try a store bought bracket yet on the 300? Possibly one that fit the 250R??

I think the only one that could work at all is the SSR one..

I would love to get rid of my pegs..

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Got an aftermarket Musarri CF
Haaa I had the same one before switching to the full system. Nice sounding muffler too, no shit that Musarri sounds near identical to the full Yoshi I have now..........

I know that Yoshi do a hanger bracket, was 25-35 bucks from memory through any dealer that can order parts from Serco. Cant see why this wouldnt fit any muffler really.........

·
Registered
103 Posts
Haaa I had the same one before switching to the full system. Nice sounding muffler too, no shit that Musarri sounds near identical to the full Yoshi I have now..........

I know that Yoshi do a hanger bracket, was 25-35 bucks from memory through any dealer that can order parts from Serco. Cant see why this wouldnt fit any muffler really.........
That was exactly my plan slip on till i get a full Yoshi are p tuner etc
I will take a look around thanks. Looks good

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the SSR bracket (that's probably the one you mentioned for $50). There's not much to it. It's good quality, but I'm not sure it was worth $50. You could probably have something fabed for half that at any good machine shop.
I looked at a few but yeah i saw the SSR.
It's not the item price tag that gets me its the postage for such a small item haha

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Just got in contact with my local Serco dealer he's going to ring around and try find me a yoshi bracket.
See how this goes
Just make sure you specify "exhaust hanger bracket" to replace the factory hanger as they may think you are just referring to the muffler heatshield bracket. I sent them pics to make sure they were ordering the right thing....

·
Registered
103 Posts
I explained in great detail also gave them the part number from the yoshi site.
He's going to give me a call just now will confirm it all again cheers for the heads up.
Sending pictures would be a good idea might do that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just got off the phone to the a small dealer he told me straight up he wont spend 3 hours to find the prices and everything if im just price checking (Told him i wanted to buy a list of parts), said to order it from the UK.

HAHA well looks like US or UK. No point giving money to these dealers.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Just got off the phone to the a small dealer he told me straight up he wont spend 3 hours to find the prices and everything if im just price checking (Told him i wanted to buy a list of parts), said to order it from the UK.

HAHA well looks like US or UK. No point giving money to these dealers.
NA the reason they dont like doing it is because they arent allowed to put a mark up on the parts as they come from Serco. So all they can do is sell it to you for the price that Serco has listed + postage costs.

I actually chucked my dealer an extra 10 bucks just for the trouble. 10 bucks aint much, but on a 10 dollar part I didnt mind giving him something seeing as he was making nothing and did the ringing for me.

If that dealer is a serco dealer, give the name of the dealer to Serco and tell them that he wasnt willing to help you out. Thats what these shops are here for, to sell and buy bikes and parts. Serco wont like losing money on part sales from a dealer not willing to help customers out........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.