Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have lot's of tools (I have a muscle car) but when I got the Ninja I had to go get some new metric tools, there's a few that may match up, but it's not worth it to possibly strip out some bolt heads. :D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah the 1-1/16" is too small, I measured w/my calipers is 1-1/4 which is approx 27mm. Problem is the 27mm I have is a 12point and is rounding the nut. I need to get a 6 point socket :(
Maybe this is MY problem why I can't get it off

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What size socket you using?
27mm but it's just either spinning, slipping off the nut, or turning the wheel a little bit; it's not actually applying any force I guess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
27mm but it's just either spinning, slipping off the nut, or turning the wheel a little bit; it's not actually applying any force I guess.

Are you attempting to use the middle step of the nut or the step that is sitting against the washer? I thought it should be the middle step which is pretty close to 27mm, but per the part number the nut is an M20 which requires a 30mm of 34mm so it must be the part that sits against the washer?!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you attempting to use the middle step of the nut or the step that is sitting against the washer? I thought it should be the middle step which is pretty close to 27mm, but per the part number the nut is an M20 which requires a 30mm of 34mm so it must be the part that sits against the washer?!
In other words using the pic, are you using A or B (in red)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.