Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long time n300 riders know the sound the ninja 300 gas tank makes, a faint whistle.

I'm cleaning up my brand new r9t scrambler and the ninja is making the sound at random times.

Poor thing. 30k miles on the ninja 300 and almost six years later it's time for it to rest.

It begs me for a ride. Sick girl loves abuse.

I couldn't break her. I gave her a good whoopin' too. Red lines, making the slipper clutch engage, throwing her into corners only to switch directions and punish her suspension again.

Kawasaki made a beautiful machine when they built the ninja 300.

BMW has a lot to prove with their r9t.

I love you ninja 300.

Attachments

Reactions: MAL

·
Registered
50 Posts
I never get tired of looking at my ninja, but that bmw looks damn good. I actually felt guilty looking at a z650 in a parking lot the other day lol. The little 300 is just so endearing. I have grown so attached to it in the short time I have owned it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I rode the BMW to work yesterday and couldn't relax with it parked on the street.

I rode the ninja to work today and it's way more fun than the BMW.

My commute is 10 miles of rush hour traffic both ways.

It's definitely true that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow.

The ninja got her way. I'll be using the BMW mostly on the weekends from now on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's definitely true that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow.
:iagree:

I always look with envy at those stunning 959's, s1000rr's, r1's and other good looking super sport bikes,
but i feel that my commute would suck on such a powerful machine!

On a track or a week-end ride, YES, definitely! But downtown, stuck in traffic it makes no sense!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I always look with envy at those stunning 959's, s1000rr's, r1's and other good looking super sport bikes,
but i feel that my commute would suck on such a powerful machine!

On a track or a week-end ride, YES, definitely! But downtown, stuck in traffic it makes no sense!
Splitting lanes is the only way to go. But, the BMW doesn't do it as easily as the ninja.

·
Super Moderator
2,548 Posts
The Ninja 300 is so much easier to maneuver through traffic or dealing with in-town stop-and-go than a larger bike. Sure, you can do it on both, but I don't care how well balanced a motorcycle is, after a few red lights or traffic jams, they get heavy and tiresome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont really like that old-school looking motorcycles, but that's my opinion. The one thing i must note is that the ninja is more enjoyable than the scrambler while driving

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is so refreshing that I found this community and you guys are saying all the stuff I've been thinking for the last 2 years and 5 months that I've owned my Ninja 300. Every now and then on the interstate I get to sneak up with that quiet 300 in blow past the bigger bike and they just look at me like " seriously I know that's a 300 and it just passed me" they don't even bother to give Chase because they just got passed by the little guy. Then for the first time I got to use my Hailey R6 intercom I really enjoyed it. Kind of reminded me of Windows 95 headsets when I used to play online games. Or was that Windows 98 who knows? All I know is it that was the first and last time in 13 years that I ever actually talked to another biker while riding and it seems like so many people have them and don't use them oh, that's puzzling. I loved his just say a what's up to anybody that's actually got headset especially if I see someone on a 300 with a headset and that has happened a couple of times but they just don't turn it on puzzled puzzled puzzled!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts