Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I'm from Australia (Melbourne Victoria).

Always been a great fan of motorcycles but never mustered the courage to go out and buy one. Convincing my partner to purchase a new bike has been somewhat of a battle, as she has seen many fatalities (motorcycle) and had family members seriously injured in motorcycle accidents. In a sense I am glad that its taken this long to buy one as I feel that I am much more mature and my head is in a better place, I have always been a bit of a rev-head.

So I passed my Learners and purchased myself a 2013 Ninja 300 (ABS) in Pearl Stardust White... and loving it! :D

I havn't had a chance to get any good photo's up yet but my gear consists of the following;

My girlfriend spoilt me and also bought me one of these.... Hero 3 - Black Edition

Just have to figure out how to use it. (If someone could give me advise on resolution settings and frame rates it would be great)

Starting to feel confident on the bike. Only riding around my neighborhood at the moment and also to work (which is only 10km away). I feel really good about my gear changes, gear selections, braking, signaling and so forth. I feel good with cornering but it is something I need to practice just need to find a safe route with plenty of turns in both directions. For some reason a sharp right always bothers me a little.
I guess you need to crawl before you walk.

Anyways a ' BIG ' THANK YOU to all members on this forum, I purchased my ride based on may reviews on this website.

Looking forward to getting involved.

Cheers

Koray

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, congrats on your bike and all your gear. That helmet looks awesome, and It's good to see someone fully geared up, and a GoPro too! We look forward to your videos. Be safe and have fun :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's a sick lid man. I had problems with sharp rights when i started too, so i decided to work on it and now find i enjoy the sharp rights more because they are trickier.

And welcome.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome, we got quite a bit of members from your neck of the woods. :)

Gear looks great, and of course the GP3 is awesome.
Hope you enjoy the forum and all your new goodies.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Welcome and congrats on... well everything.

You'll get the hang of right turns. I used to stall out when making them and now it's a normal deal.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Whoah, that's some nice gear you got there. Hope it doesn't get too hot for you though. Might want to consider a mesh jacket, and armored jeans or just armor over jeans for the really hot days.

As for the Gopro, for the best battery life/memory/quality combo you can do 1080P or 720P @ 30 fps. If you want to be able to edit slow motion stuff in post production you should aim for 60 fps. But either way you will need to get your hands on a video editing suite to make your vids. Sony Vegas is pretty popular and affordable for many

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
You guys really say Crikey that is awesome! I thought it was just something in tv/movies.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
You guys really say Crikey that is awesome! I thought it was just something in tv/movies.
there is some of us left who still use aussie slang/sayings

theres a heap here

http://www.souvenirsaustralia.com/webcontent13.htm

when i was a kid at school i had a blue pencil case with white writing and it had tons of aussle slang on it and i used it regularly. sadly i cant a new one to buy:(

·
Registered
4,130 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
We more use the term "bloody ****" instead of crikey, only Mr Dundee used to say that. Well in my generation nobody said it anyway, dunno bout the oldies. I generally just say Fire trUCK if ya know what I mean.

Welcome GiNGeR_NiNJa, you will find some of the best advice and great ideas for your new ride on this forum. Never found a more helpful and willing group of people before in my lifetime on any forum, great community to be part of thats for sure.

Take it easy, dont try and step it up too fast or you'll be off before you know it as these bikes can hold their own and more through the corners/twisties; somewhat more than other bigger bikes. Not too shab for a six and a half thousand dollar 296cc bike.

And good gear there mate, just remember to always put it on. Lovin the matchin jacket and gloves, looks sweet!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome. There's a few of us in syd here.

I like how your tied your gear in to match mate. I bought mine in pieces so its mostly black. I wear it everyday though so once its getting aged i'll be replacing it in a year or two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to the forum, congrats on your bike and all your gear. That helmet looks awesome, and It's good to see someone fully geared up, and a GoPro too! We look forward to your videos. Be safe and have fun :D

Cheers.

I've recently saw a mate come off his bike at over 90km/h - roughly 60mph, wearing just a helmet, polo shirt, shorts and some slip on shows.

I'd rather look a little dorky and put up with the heat then lose skin.

I might post some pics of him up later.

Might be a good lesson to us all.

I'm hanging to get the go pro working but i'm not sure of the position i'd like to fix the go pro to the helmet, Kind of worried the paint will come off when removing it in the future :confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a sick lid man. I had problems with sharp rights when i started too, so i decided to work on it and now find i enjoy the sharp rights more because they are trickier.

And welcome.
Thanks. I actually bought the helmet a couple of years ago for the drag strip. I guess its coming in handy now.

I hit a few corners on the way from work today, I felt a lot more confident. I just need to try not to over think and just ride through it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Cheers.

I've recently saw a mate come off his bike at over 90km/h - roughly 60mph, wearing just a helmet, polo shirt, shorts and some slip on shows.

I'd rather look a little dorky and put up with the heat then loose skin.

I might post some pics of him up later.

Might be a good lesson to us all.

I'm hanging to get the go pro working but i'm not sure of the position i'd like to fix the go pro to the helmet, Kind of worried the paint will come off when removing it in the future :confused:
Stick it on the chin of le helmet? I recon it gives the best viewing positon, others would agree :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome, we got quite a bit of members from your neck of the woods. :)

Gear looks great, and of course the GP3 is awesome.
Hope you enjoy the forum and all your new goodies.
I've been flicking through the forum few months prior to purchasing the bike and its already come in handy so many times. ... starting with links to reflector deletion :D, exhaust recommendations, bike reviews and so forth.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whoah, that's some nice gear you got there. Hope it doesn't get too hot for you though. Might want to consider a mesh jacket, and armored jeans or just armor over jeans for the really hot days.

As for the Gopro, for the best battery life/memory/quality combo you can do 1080P or 720P @ 30 fps. If you want to be able to edit slow motion stuff in post production you should aim for 60 fps. But either way you will need to get your hands on a video editing suite to make your vids. Sony Vegas is pretty popular and affordable for many

Cheers bud. It does get a little hot, we've had a few 36-39 degree celcius days here already (102.2 fahrenheit) and its been a killer. Providing i'm doing 80km (50mph) and over i'm good. Sitting in traffic and walking around with your gear on is a little overwhelming.
I do have a mesh jacket but it's slightly too big for me.

Thanks for the GoPro advise, will take it on board :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts