Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im pretty sure im one of the first people to crash their new 300. i was riding to school and tried being a bad*** by passing my top speed on a hill i always take and ended up wussing out on my lean... ended up hitting a safety barrier (aluminum barrier) @ around 25 mph, maybe less idk really :(

damage: my front fairing broke and my side fairing scratched. my right handlebar bent in and left a dent on my gas tank and my front brake lever was bent upwards a bit. my wheel has a tiny scrape, like about 1/4", and the front axle nut is half scrapped off cuz of the pavement.

Problem: I finally bought a new helmet a week later and took my bike out for a ride to see what was wrong... rode it for a good half hour and nothing. BUT, when i let go of the handle bars around 40+ mph they start to wobble a bit and the wobble progresses the longer i let the handlebars go, but the bars give no wobble when i hold the bars at around the same speeds :confused:
Can anyone please give me their opinion on what the problem could be??? ive found some people that say its loose ball bearings because their bikes wobbled too around those speeds, but the problem is that i never checked whether my bike also wobbled or not before the crash D;

idc about the looks of my bike i just want to be able to ride again, i hope its not bent forks though. Please help me find the possible problem and thanks for reading

Will post pictures of the bike soon, maybe that can help

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You are definitely not the first to crash your 300. I doubt you've even made it to the top 10... or 20 lol

The shaking could be caused by a bent or unbalanced rim. You won't necessarily feel it when your hands are on the bars, but with them off, it's enough of an unbalance to cause wobble. Someone on YouTube uploaded a video of the same problem. The dealer replaced his rim and it was solved. It could also be cause by a number of other things though, so get it checked out.

So you're the guy riding around town with a cracked and bent up ninja 300?
He said mph, so I doubt he's in Canada. But you saw someone with a trashed 300 here already? Yeesh. Why are people even riding in this weather...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Prime example of do not ride past your skill level, no foul meant by saying that but it's true.

Sorry about your bike, hope you figure it out.
I don't usually make it a habit of riding my bike without my hands on the bars.

Reactions: jeff

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
That doesn't make much sense? Unless you of course if you never want to be a better rider. Pushing your limits is necessary for anything in life to progress.
Really you don't go trying to be bad ass on the street go to a dam parking lot or the track if u want to push it. If u need to think you want to take this turn faster then u are trying to out ride your limit as i got better at being on a bike I found the bike was able to go faster without trying.

·
Registered
958 Posts
You need to take your bike to a good shop so they can tell you exactly what's wrong with it, there may be damage that is dangerous to be riding around with or may do further damage to your bike. Getting opinions on a forum isn't going to cut it. I don't mean to sound harsh, but we pay mechanics because they know what their doing. Sorry about your crash, everything that I could say about your riding has already been said. Hope your back on the road soon :D

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Was this your crash?
Ummmmmm no I dont think that dude that crashed in the video is gonna be riding his bike anywhere after that.....did you not see the same set of forks I saw :eek:

MC_Skittles said:
I finally bought a new helmet a week later and took my bike out for a ride to see what was wrong... rode it for a good half hour and nothing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really you don't go trying to be bad ass on the street go to a dam parking lot or the track if u want to push it. If u need to think you want to take this turn faster then u are trying to out ride your limit as i got better at being on a bike I found the bike was able to go faster without trying.

Trying to show off was a bad idea but people make mistakes he just chose the wrong time. It still doesnt make sense. You can practice all you want in the parking lot but it will never replace learning in the road with multiple other variables such as other cars, people ect ect. I only have about 300 miles under my belt but if i were to "ride within my ability" i would have never left the parking lot. Everytime I take a different route I am riding above my ability....or should I never take a different route?

Some people dont have access to a track. There comes a point where, to progress, you must push your boundaries(ie riding above your ability). Not to mention the fact that if for some reason you make a mistake and come in to a turn too fast, you should be prepared and know how to lean/turn harder to avoid crashing for everyone including yourself.

It seems as though this philosophy ends in never progressing, getting bored, and selling your bike. Or getting in a bind without the proper skills, getting into a crash, then selling your bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.