Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how's everyone doing in this difficult time?

We're rural in Northeast Pennsylvania, and there's not much changed...yet.
I usually fly a LOT overseas, but have been stuck here for the last 7 weeks or so. Doesn't look like I'll be able to return to China for some time...

More Ninja300 time, I guess.

Keep safe!

·
Registered
146 Posts
COVID-19 has cost me about $200. I was scheduled to teach an MC class at the local CC, but they're closed until after my class was scheduled. Therefore, I have to go out of town to teach a class that weekend. I like teaching there and going out of town to teach a class once in awhile is a treat, but they pay a little less, and I have to pay for my travel expenses. I can't afford for this to keep happening.
Also, Missouri 4H has suspended all face-to-face programming until May--yes, MAY--15. We hold meetings and club events at our house so we're quite disappointed. And my son was going to go on a teenage day trip in April, but he can't now.
Our church is suspending all extra activities; we will have Mass as usual. There is no TP, bleach, or hand sanitizer at my local small town Wal-Mart. A friend who is in HR at a manufacturing facility says that people are stealing TP out of the bathrooms. It's absolutely ridiculous!!!! The whole world, literally, is in a panic over something that isn't any worse than the normal flu viruses that make the rounds every year. I subscribe to a theory as to why this is happening, but in keeping with the forum rules which prohibit political discussions, I'll stop at that.
My family had the flu over Christmas in 2009, I think; my son was 6 years-old. He and my husband came down with it literally on the way home from Buffalo Wild Wings. It's probably a coincidence, but they had both been playing with the handheld game tablet that the restaurant provided; I never touched it. But 36 hours later, I had it. We were down for literally two weeks. We alternated sleeping most of the day in bed, on the couch, in the love seat, and the recliner. A family member brought us extra chicken soup and other items. My husband and I managed to take turns keeping us fed, the laundry done up, and the kitchen cleaned up. We managed showers every day. My son had it the worst, with a fever of 102+ for days on end. You know a little boy is really sick when he feels so terrible that he doesn't even want to open Christmas presents. We missed everything. But we survived.
As for me, as long as I can still get gas for my NINJA, I'm good!(y)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm in Healthcare sales, managing a large team covering a couple of states. Hospitals are all on lockdown so my guys are all working from their homes for the next few weeks. As luck (good or bad?) would have it, we provide the exact types of products and training that hospitals need to battle the virus and its effects. Hopsitals are no different than consumers (with their toilet paper), trying to buy up as much as they possibly can of many different products, which would deprive other facilities of needed supplies.

As you can imagine, it's quite the balancing act to keep our hospitals stocked..and we do business with the majority of facilities in the country.

The challenge with this virus is that no one has immunity and there's no vaccine, yet. The only way to stop something like this is to isolate people, as much as many people don't like that idea. While most of us would only have minor symptoms from being infected a larger than usual % of people can die plus it's easily spread. By isolating ourselves we are doing our part in reducing the spread of this to our parents, grandparents, friends and neighbors.

This virus is real and it is everywhere. it will get quite a bit worse before it gets better. The one upside I see is that it is reinforcing the fact that handwashing is a great thing to do!

So I'm really hoping for warm weather over the next few weeks so I can take advantage of being homebound and put some miles on the Ninja.

·
Registered
348 Posts
^^ No, but sooner or later you'll have to stop for gas and touch a nozzle that was touched by many.

Or you may have a brake down and need help.
Or, knock on wood, you may have an accident and have to go to a hospital to find that the hospital is collapsed and they won't be able to help you.

The only way to win this war is staying home and get out only for what is really urgent. Let's learn from the Italians. Let's not wait until we are deep in trouble to do what we have to do.

·
Super Moderator
2,536 Posts
All is good in my world. I lucked out that my monthly subscription of TP from Amazon was delivered just before all this started. I won't need any until about the middle of April. Since I get most of my food from local farmers, I haven't really had to do battle at the grocery store, either.

I've been working from home since 2010, so there's no change there, either. My company has declared that unless you absolutely have to be in the office (customer facing or data center type folks) that you're to work from home until further notice.

My only problem is that I have my usual winter changing to spring (every year, like clockwork) cold and I'm terrified I might cough in public and get lynched. I'm only sorta joking.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can toss a bottle of hand sanitizer in my tank bag and ride. Riding is my absolute favorite social distancing activity. :cool:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some 5 gallon tanks full of 90octane non-ethanol gas, so no need to visit any petrol station, I just go out for a 30 min ride to "get out".
But it's raining here all next week! ?
And here I was looking forward to taking the Ninja out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts