Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took Corbin nearly 4 months to get my seat made and delivered. Arriving today I couldn't wait to put it on the bike. I ask them to make the seat an extra 1/2" higher so I could gain a little knee relief and after sitting on it it does give me a better position over the stock seat. It is at least twice the weight of the stock seat. The seat cowl still fits and allows for installation and removal without any trouble; although the back rest does comes right to the seat end.

·
Registered
392 Posts
looks so comfy! how much?

·
Registered
865 Posts
nice bro! 4 months though? thats sketchy...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice bro! 4 months though? thats sketchy...
Yeah, way too long for a new seat. Back in early March I tried calling and e-mailing Corbin and nothing but unanswered e-mails and voicemail not returned. Told my credit card company to cancel the charge and they did after they also received no reply back.

Not until two weeks ago I finally received a call from Corbin saying my new seat was about finished and would it ship out the following week. They said my specific requests for the seat caused the delay :rolleyes:

Now I have to make payment again for the seat :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
4 months wait for $286 shipped??? No way!! Not in this lifetime, even with a "special request". I would wait until they contact you for payment and then work something out cheaper since they did not bother to contact you for so long or reply to your attempts to contact them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Right now it's free! ;)

The price was $286 shipped to the East Coast. Need to figure out how to re-make payment since the first payment was cancelled.

Maybe they gave it to you free since they took so long. ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The right thing is pay for it. They should get me a little something, something for the long wait. I have it now and I'm happy with it. This is the second time I purchased from Corbin and first time I had an issue with them.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The right thing is pay for it. They should get me a little something, something for the long wait. I have it now and I'm happy with it. This is the second time I purchased from Corbin and first time I had an issue with them.
1 out of 2 times aint the best ratio. I would be not making a payment on anything just yet, and waiting till they contact you. Then suggest that you thought it may have been free of charge as it took them nearly half a year to make a seat.

I'm lucky to have an automotive trimmer as a friend. My last motorcycle seat took literally a few hours for him to do, with new seat gel and all. And a custom seat cover with tribal flame graphics.

4 months? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Corbin make amazing seats. i bought a "corbin gunfighter" for my vfr800 13 years ago, was just over $1000 for it and had to wait some time for it to be made / send from usa, but man oh man, it was oh so worth the wait, it was chalk and cheese compared to the stock saddle

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ride-in service if possible will get you immediate attention. They made me a seat in about an hour. My guess is that that focus more on the in-person service. They started getting really busy not long after opening that day.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a Corbin on the Aprilia. After an 8 hour ride my butt was fine. Lol

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Off the bike pics that thing looks monstrously huge compared to stock. Don't suppose that matters much when your butt is planted and you have a smile on your face though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My just under 4 month wait was more or less to let you all know what it took for me to get my seat. I think this was the first time they did this seat by special request and someone just shelf the order for a couple months until it was finally taken up by someone in the shop who wanted to do it. Like I said, a couple of voice mails were left and no return calls or e-mails received. To date, I had only one callback saying it was getting ready to ship (two weeks ago). Very bad customer service!

The wait was long but really didn't bother me too much. The weather was just too cold in Feb-Mar to be riding the bike to work and back anyway. I was just concern they took my money 1 day after the order and I had nothing to show for it. After 2 months of waiting and no replies I ask my credit card company to investigate and they also received no reply back after 4 weeks and reversed the charge. So, I'm $286 richer than I was in January, but I expect that will change when they realize they didn't get paid after all.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Off the bike pics that thing looks monstrously huge compared to stock. Don't suppose that matters much when your butt is planted and you have a smile on your face though.
It is wider, that is for sure. My co-worker who I show all my mods too sat on it tonight and really like it. He is very short and with the stock seat his feet were flat on the ground. The Corbin seat his heels were off the ground now. It's a BIG BOY seat :D

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I ordered my Corbin a week ago and have heard nothing from them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts