Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received my Corbin today and installed it on the Moondust Gray. Fit could be a bit better around the tank, but it is a night and day difference between the stock seat. The seat height is lower, so I can now flat foot the bike. The Passenger is much higher, and looks like a solo cowl. It comes more forward in the front, giving more seat room for the passenger. I love the way the red welt looks like it continues onto the tail section.

Reactions: Bruno and squidword

·
Registered
138 Posts
looks good, about how much lower does it make the seat height? also can you take a closer shot at where it meets the tank? because as far as i can see, it looks to fit pretty well

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that tomorrow when it is light out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
thanks, ive really been considering getting one of these since i'm still tip toeing, but prefer not to lower the bike. of course, ive only heard that these are slightly shaved compared to stock, and i dont know what to expect

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, ive really been considering getting one of these since i'm still tip toeing, but prefer not to lower the bike. of course, ive only heard that these are slightly shaved compared to stock, and i dont know what to expect
Well I would say it took almost an inch off the seat height.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My newly installed Corbin. I don't feel any difference in seat height but I do feel myself resting more comfortably back on the seat and away from/off the tank. There is some interference between the back of the seat and the solid rubber pad on the front of the solo seat cowl but a bit of shaving should alleviate that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do ask for your height when you ordered the seat. I am 5'6", I wonder if the sculpted it down a wee bit more for myself compared to yours sombra? Yours does not look as scooped as mine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I didn't remember answering any questions about my height when I ordered the seat but now that I look at at my email receipt from Corbin I see that I did. I listed myself as 5'5", 150lbs, and with a 29" inseam, not sure how much they customize the seat based on those measurements.

I have to say that after hearing about how Corbins take something like 1000-1500 miles to break in I was expecting the seat to be uncomfortable out of the box but I haven't had any issues yet. The only thing I noticed is how slippery the seat is compared to the stock one, not sure if that's the leather material or the leather conditioner that I put on the seat.

·
Banned
14 Posts
which leather configuration did u pick for ur seats? Can't really tell from their website how the colors are. Yours looks perfect btw. and just wondering how come there r no wilts on the passenger seat? only thing i prolly dont like is the gigantic corbin name.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the high gloss carbon fibre leather weave, with asphalt vinyl sides of rider and front of passenger seat.

I did order the red welt for the passenger, but Corbin screwed up! I just got it in today and have not yet emailed them.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Did you have to pay extra for customization? Cant they be customized, like adding memory foam etc? How much and length of shipping time?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Did you have to pay extra for customization? Cant they be customized, like adding memory foam etc? How much and length of shipping time?
Every seat is made custom to order. Same price for whatever you want, with the exception of a few certain materials (stingray leather I think). Otherwise, you can customize to your heart's content.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks really nice. You sold me!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It took three weeks from ordering to my door. $514 total. The rack is an sw-motech for a 250 ninja (2008-2012). You have to mod the bracket under the tail. The topcase is a coocase 35Ll but I am switching it to a Kappa 39. I'm not that fond of the lock on the coocase, and the coocase sits too far forward on the passenger seat. Pics to come tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is how it fits around the tank. I hope it molds in more as I ride.

Attachments

Reactions: Tzar Kizitski
1 - 20 of 43 Posts