Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into communicators so that i can pair it to my iphone for music, gps and calls. I was looking at a few sena models and a few cardo scala models. It was brought to my attention taht the G9 is not mac compatable. I have been going to websites to figure this out. Have you guys figured out what communicators are compatitble with different operating systems.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm confused...

Your saying you are looking for a bluetooth headset to use on an iphone for music, gps and calls...so how does Mac fit into it? The iPhone OS isn't the mac OS, and because iPhone Os supports bluetooth pairing shouldn't be a problem.

The real issue I see is that you will not be able to update the headset software unless you have access to a windows machine. Or unless you installed a windows emulator like Wine and used windows on your Mac.

The headset will work, you just won't be able to update it if there are any software patches released to improve battery life or fix issues they find.

Neither Sena or Cardo support updates from OSX directly. And UCLEAR doesn't seem to list anything for OS requirements.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You may check the Uclear HBC 200 Force. I just got it and was able to link to both phones at once. 1 I use for calls the other is my music and games.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've been using the G9 for over 5 months now. Works great for me on both my iPhone 5 and on my BMW BlueTooth system as well. Key is get a really good fitting helmet; one that doesn't turn when on you head not strapped down. Getting the speakers as close to your ears and good installation back behind the speakers makes all the difference.

My Scorpion EXO-500 has speaker cutouts in the foam to fit the speakers perfectly with a lite cloth cover between the speaker and my ear for comfort. Look for these details when deciding on an speaker in the helmet option.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm confused...

Your saying you are looking for a bluetooth headset to use on an iphone for music, gps and calls...so how does Mac fit into it? The iPhone OS isn't the mac OS, and because iPhone Os supports bluetooth pairing shouldn't be a problem.

The real issue I see is that you will not be able to update the headset software unless you have access to a windows machine. Or unless you installed a windows emulator like Wine and used windows on your Mac.

The headset will work, you just won't be able to update it if there are any software patches released to improve battery life or fix issues they find.

Neither Sena or Cardo support updates from OSX directly. And UCLEAR doesn't seem to list anything for OS requirements.
Sorry to be a bit vague, i would like a bluetooth communicator for my iPhone, but from what i read most firmware updates are not compatible with mac. I have heard great things about the G9, i plan to fit it on the HJC IS-16 helmet when i get my back and gear. I think the IS-16 has a cut-out for ears but i am not to sure

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sorry to be a bit vague, i would like a bluetooth communicator for my iPhone, but from what i read most firmware updates are not compatible with mac. I have heard great things about the G9, i plan to fit it on the HJC IS-16 helmet when i get my back and gear. I think the IS-16 has a cut-out for ears but i am not to sure

I wouldn't let that be a deterrent. I'm sure you have to know somebody with a widows PC.

I've had a Uclear HBC200 for about 4 months now and there has never been a firmware upgrade. They basically do what they do and there is never a need to do an upgrade anyway...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Macs for a while now use the same chipset and processors now. You can easily setup a dual boot or a secondary hard drive.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My wife and I have a Uclear it connects to samsung S3 and iphone.

Bought it because it doesn't use a boom mic mainly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts