Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm entirely new to modding and only have 1k miles of riding experience. So, I'm generally new altogether haha.
I've been watching your guys' progress with mods, etc and have been extremely motivated.
Anyway, I have the ebony Ninja and decided before I bought it that I'd be adding red accents.
I've been looking around for a red chain and came across one on eBay. One thing I'm worried about is the quality of items I purchase.
Anyone know if this chain would be a good investment or if I'd be dropping $50 on crap?

Link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=350595128085

This is what how my bike's looking so far.
Just did the reflector delete this morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I apologize if this would fit better in "Appearance and Modification"
Just figured its a part.
My main concern is that it doesn't seem to have a brand on it like Bikemaster, RK, etc

Exactly, as chains, brakes and tires definately is NOT where you want to go super cheap.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi, I'm entirely new to modding and only have 1k miles of riding experience. So, I'm generally new altogether haha.
I've been watching your guys' progress with mods, etc and have been extremely motivated.
Anyway, I have the ebony Ninja and decided before I bought it that I'd be adding red accents.
I've been looking around for a red chain and came across one on eBay. One thing I'm worried about is the quality of items I purchase.
Anyone know if this chain would be a good investment or if I'd be dropping $50 on crap?

Link: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=350595128085

This is what how my bike's looking so far.
Just did the reflector delete this morning.
Looking good i like the red tape accents on the rims really gives it a nice touch. As for the chain i would get something thats more brand established and has some good testiomonials on their products. These things are your life lines on your bike you dont want to cheap out on something like that. Most of all you cant put a price on your safety.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Definitely look into brand name chains, make sure they are reliable as well. Last thing you want is your chain to snap and you're meeting the pavement very personally. Other from that I really like the way your bike looks man, very sharp and clean... Like your Mach 3 bag I think, I have the same one! Ride safe bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
420 Posts
Why not use a coloured chain lube. Ipone have them in red, green, blue and white. Kneedown is using the red lube on his. Look for some of his photos. I'll be using the green once my tin of white is finished.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a bunch haha. I'll look into the red lube and I'll look past this chain, then haha.
I'll definitely be searching for something name brand, though. It'll bug that its not the real thing lol. I'm anal about things like that.

Loving the Mach3 bag, btw. It's amazing what I've been able to fit in it

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think a red sprocket with black chain would look pretty cool. A red chain will be harder to keep clean and pretty. Sprocket can get a quick spash down and pat dry. Better than scrub brushing a chain after every ride then re-lubing.
Just an idea...

And as far as brand name chains, D.I.D is the name i often hear recommended.

Did you plast-dip your windscreen?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think a red sprocket with black chain would look pretty cool. A red chain will be harder to keep clean and pretty. Sprocket can get a quick spash down and pat dry. Better than scrub brushing a chain after every ride then re-lubing.
Just an idea...

And as far as brand name chains, D.I.D is the name i often hear recommended.

Did you plast-dip your windscreen?
Yeah, I've still been looking around. Thinking about the red sprocket with black. I'll browse around for that brand. I'm new to all these brands so I'm definitely taking suggestions lol.

Yup! Plasti-dipped. I didn't want it permanent. Just in case

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.