Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like many of the people on here, I bought my 300 about two weeks ago. I am itching like crazy to ride every possible second I can. Unfortunately, it's freaking freezing outside (yes even in south east Texas). My question is: can anyone recommend a good cold weather base layer? I have a decent jacket, gloves, and boots but the wind is still getting in :(.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would say anything that is made for riding snow mobiles will work, other wise lots of layers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a cycle gear and was thinking of getting the freeze out gear but is it really all that better than normal thermals?
It's windproof. Normal thermals are not. For the money, it's hard to beat. While the Under Armor and other name brand stuff are great, you also pay dearly for them.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
My ride home this moring was 24f. Snow bib from Cabelas or similar will give you wind proofing on th outer layer, layer what fits under the jacket and good cold weather gloves for motos with insulated boots or at least heavy socks.

·
Banned
562 Posts
I have the freeze out one piece body suit the gloves and the balaclava
I can attest for the warmth only prob is I use gauntlets and they r pretty tight
inside with the freeze outs but it does work

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going to Sports Authority and picked up an Under Armor Heatgear base layer and a micro fleece quarter-zip. I also had a pair of Under Armor Heartgear long underwear and socks. Wore that along my jacket, gloves, and boots. Even at 29 degrees, it was still comfortable.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well I got the freeze out gear today. It's warm but the glove liner already came apart at the seam. That's going back and I prob won't be buying it again

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the freeze out glove liners and they're alright. I picked them up at Cycle Gear for 10 bucks but I probably wouldn't have paid full price. After riding for more than half an hour on the freeway, your hands still get pretty cold/numb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts