Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, when servicing the clutch, other than replacing the clutch plates, are there any other parts you would recommend replacing since you'll already be in there? For example, may as well replace the ball bearing as it's a cheap part, but didn't know if anything else should be replaced (springs, bushing, etc.).

In addition, once I have it torn down and other than the clutch plates, what abnormalities should I be looking for in the parts to decide if i should replace them before putting it back together?

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
You can also replace the springs. I replaced mine with heavy duty springs. I like it much better as I’m a bigger guy and the clutch seems to hold better.

Look for wear on the clutch basket, where the clutches hit, for grooves and such. Odds are, all is fine though. Wet clutches rarely have problems.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hello all, when servicing the clutch, other than replacing the clutch plates, are there any other parts you would recommend replacing since you'll already be in there? For example, may as well replace the ball bearing as it's a cheap part, but didn't know if anything else should be replaced (springs, bushing, etc.).

In addition, once I have it torn down and other than the clutch plates, what abnormalities should I be looking for in the parts to decide if i should replace them before putting it back together?

Speaking from personal experience, if I was servicing the clutch, I would replace ALL the parts. Then you have total peace of mind.

I have over the years had clutch / transmission work done by supposedly pro's. I was told, ohhhhhhhhh you only need this or you only need that. Only in time to have to go back in and have the work done over again with new parts. Thus, when something is not right with any of my type vehicles, I have it done right the first time, with all new parts. :wink2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.