Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Clutch and brake adjusting handles?

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  DeltaFoxtrotZulu 
#1 ·
Are there any clutch and brake adjustable handles out for the 300 yet? or do the 250 ones fit?

If the ones for the 250 fit nicely? whats a good one to go with?

#2 ·
I tried out the 250R levers and they fit, the brake side is 100% match, the clutch side is a bit sloppy but it works if adjusted.. More sloppy that I would like personally.. So I am waiting to see what companies like Pazzo say about the revised clutch lever..

I have a thread somewhere about the levers and have a picture showing the change..

#3 ·
hmmm Maybe i'll wait too... if its sloppy... The stock one on there is kinda sloppy in my opinion too, If its sloppier, I really dont think I want it.

I'll have to send some emails out for companies to see when they may release one for the 300 =D

or... random though... if you put washers in there s spacers? nah...

#6 ·
I just emailed ASV, pazzo, and Brembo.

Now I sit ad wait... If you can think of any other companies, give em a shout, see if they have any, or will release any ;D

#8 · (Edited)
I just got a response back from ASV, they are saying they are pretty sure that the 250 ones fit, but they are going to check with kawasaki for part numbers.. I told him about the ones you tried, so we will see, he said give him a few days and he shoudl get back to me, if not to email him back as a reminder.

Did you email CRG? or do you want me to send one?

EDIT: OK I just looked up CRG, I remember now I tried to find their home page and couldn't... I only found retailers that sold them online... SO I did not sent them an email. ;D

#12 ·
We all know the stock levers are a bit sloppy to begin with.. When I installed my aftermarket lever it made it more sloppy, so I adjusted it and it was still sloppy..

Maybe the 250R levers do fit correctly and we are just stuck with sloppy??? I am used to tight fitting, non-sloppy levers.. Maybe this is what we get?? What do you guys think??

#15 ·
So I hear back from ASV finally... they dont have a 300 for R&D... so nothings new yet with them..

havent heard back from anyone else... So I suppose th market for adjustable levers is just not there yet... =/

#16 ·
I got some JPR Performance levers, for the 250r, and they fit fine. The brake levers are perfect fit, as noted above. The clutch levers are a offer a bit more movement the wrong direction than the stock levers, but it doesn't seem to matter once under tension. I'm planning to take a look at a stock one to compare, but it seems totally fine to me. I'm using position 2 (second closest).

It's a huge different in controllability. The closer clutch lever makes it so much easier to find the friction zone and modulate the power. Had no stall issues today except once when I forgot to shift down into first. The shorty levers work fine for me. I didn't notice any real difference in usability. I think I was naturally only using 2-3 fingers anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.