Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....the bike doesn't go into gear untill i've almost let the clutch handle all the way out. I've tried adjusting the clutch at the bar but it doesn't seem to do anything other than make it clutch a little bit loose. If I adjust it at the tranny will that let me change the tension so it goes into gear with the clutch handle at about half way out?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
You mean clutch engagement, right?

If so, then, nope, it is just a late and short engagement zone at the lever. You can add extra cable play but be sure the clutch disengages fully when stopped. I posted the correct way to adjust the cable in the stalling thread, you need about a nickels width free play at the lever/perch.

Riding with no free play will cause clutch slip as it will not fully engage, picture the lever being slightly pulled all the time.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered the adj. clutch levers, won't strain my hands that way.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I've never bought levers before so I'd have no idea what to look for. They're not bike specific are they?
yes they are bike specific. you can get ninja 250 leaver & they will fit the 300, but you cant do something like take a harley davidson lever & expect it to fit your 300, just aint gunna happen.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
I bought shorty China levers on ebay to go with my woodcraft clip ons..

Ordered Aug 14, wont be delivered til sep 19th.

Facepalm

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

Facepalm
yeah thats about right, takes about 4 weeks to get stuff sent from China regions anywhere on the planet from ebay, even Australia & we are closer to them then what you are in the USA

·
Registered
51 Posts

Facepalm
Thats why i got the china ones from someone located in the US, i had them in like 4 days.

Id personally just go with the cheapy ones off ebay. I payed 30$ for mine and love them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts