Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be one of my many moments where the answer is right in front of my face but I just don't see it: How exactly would the ecu/I turn on the "Red Water Temperature Warning Indicator Light"?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Is this a trick question? Should only come on when the bike is overheating.. the exception being that it should also light up at start up as the bike does the self check routine, then go out.

Oh, nvm I see what you mean, it's not on the pin map.. huh.. that's odd.

May I ask why you're trying to test it? Are you having issues?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a trick question? Should only come on when the bike is overheating.. the exception being that it should also light up at start up as the bike does the self check routine, then go out.

Oh, nvm I see what you mean, it's not on the pin map.. huh.. that's odd.

May I ask why you're trying to test it? Are you having issues?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Absolutely. I need to know for a small mod I want to make on my bike. Just like many Ninja 300 owners, I hate that I don't know what the coolant temperature is, so I had this idea:

I want to make a circuit that blinks the temperature indicator LED on the dash if it's under 146 degrees fahrenheit, so that when the temperature gets there, the light will turn off, and I'll know my bike is warmed up :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Absolutely. I need to know for a small mod I want to make on my bike. Just like many Ninja 300 owners, I hate that I don't know what the coolant temperature is, so I had this idea:

I want to make a circuit that blinks the temperature indicator LED on the dash if it's under 146 degrees fahrenheit, so that when the temperature gets there, the light will turn off, and I'll know my bike is warmed up :)
nvm

·
Registered
463 Posts
This might be one of my many moments where the answer is right in front of my face but I just don't see it: How exactly would the ecu/I turn on the "Red Water Temperature Warning Indicator Light"?

have to be one of the 3 unused that appears since the battery indicator doesn't appear either..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts