Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have seen all the threads on Clip ons. He is my question, are there clip ons that I can get that will allow me to keep the stock height, etc., but where I will be able to add adjusters?

I plan to show the bike (car and motorcycle shows) and want to add aftermarket parts, yet still keep the functionality of the bike.

Here is a pic of a 250 with parts on it. I want to do the same thing, just another color and not necessarily Bikers products...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That bike has been lowerd, the clip ons are installed on the lowering spacers. At stock hight, your bars will drop.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Track Whore
675 Posts
That is not what you are seeing in that picture. Those clip-ons are just clamped on to the fork tubes which are adjusted above the top triple tree, thus lowering the front end. They're similar to the ones racers use just gaudy and mounted above the triple clamp rather than below it.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
That is not what you are seeing in that picture. Those clip-ons are just clamped on to the fork tubes which are adjusted above the top triple tree, thus lowering the front end. They're similar to the ones racers use just gaudy and mounted above the triple clamp rather than below it.
im fully aware of what was in the photo, if you read back previous posts the diesel posted a pic with handle bar risers, so i put up the handle bar risers what will fit for this bike;)

this is the link posted by Diesel

http://www.motosport.com/CA/motorcycle/ROX-SPEED-FX-ELITE-SERIES-ANTIVIBRATION-HANDLEBAR-RISER-FOR-78-118-BARS

i merely pointed out the correct ones for use on the Ninja 300:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input.

here is the main question... Can I get a look similar to the Bikers picture I posted in the first post, WITHOUT lowering the bars? I guess that is how I should have phrased it originally. :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
You could always take the stock bars/brackets off and have them anodized or powder coated in your colour of choice? This would keep your stock postion and add a bit more colour and nicety to the look. Only a suggestion, I am probably gonna get shut down in flames!!!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Thanks for all the input.

here is the main question... Can I get a look similar to the Bikers picture I posted in the first post, WITHOUT lowering the bars? I guess that is how I should have phrased it originally. :)

aaaahhh... so you just want to change the colour of the stock bars etc???

if so, then Jeff's idea would work nicely:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought of that. Thanks. It is still on the list. I have a friend that does powder coating. I just really like the anodized aluminum look. I will keep searching, Have lots of time. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peanut_EOD... you seem to be a wealth of info on here. What would happen to the feel of the bike IF I were to get clipons that drop the front of the bike about 1/2 inch (15mm)?? The clipons that I am looking at do that, but also give me a more upright posture on the bike as well as they are slightly wider.

I just want to get all the info I can before I make a decision as to buy or not.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
The clipons that I am looking at do that, but also give me a more upright posture on the bike as well as they are slightly wider.
clips ons as a general rule of thumb dont give you a more upright posture, your more leaning forward in to a more race position

if you want to sit more upright, you want handle bar risers

this web site will help you with that so you can see what your riding position looks like when you make changes to it

cycle-ergo.com

if you look thru our DIY sticky (in my signature below) theres a thread on handlebar risers

went hunting - here it is

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/12-ninja-300-appearance-modifications/3623-1-handle-bar-risers-black-path.html#post59080

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clip ons.

So that is from my website/blog. I will be happy to answer any questions here as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rassie, you said you dropped the front about 15mm. did it change the riding feel of the bike?

Also, with the front drop and those clipons, how is it a more upright position?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts