Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so recently my bike engine stop working properly, so the whole story is my engine doesn’t have oil and I was trynna go to gas station to get one but while I’m on my way to it my bike start making clicking noice then it’s start slowing down as it won’t go above 60kms. The engine has no leaking. Some ppl said it might be the motor is fkd or the bottom end shaft bearing or the piston rings so I’m not sure. Does anyone have the same problem? Pls let me know

·
Registered
347 Posts
trying to understand exactly what's going on...to paraphrase -1. your motor was out of oil so 2.you rode your bike to the gas station to try to buy more oil and 3.on your way your motor started making bad noises?

When you say your engine was out of oil...was there anything showing in the sight window? If the above is correct, you rode your bike when it was out of oil?...that's never good.

Running a motor without oil is never advised...have you since refilled it? How much oil did it take? If you were just low on oil that's one thing...completely out is another.

The more details you can give the better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trying to understand exactly what's going on...to paraphrase -1. your motor was out of oil so 2.you rode your bike to the gas station to try to buy more oil and 3.on your way your motor started making bad noises?

When you say your engine was out of oil...was there anything showing in the sight window? If the above is correct, you rode your bike when it was out of oil?...that's never good.

Running a motor without oil is never advised...have you since refilled it? How much oil did it take? If you were just low on oil that's one thing...completely out is another.

The more details you can give the better.
Yes correct, the engine completely out of oil and I thought it have some left but I was wrong. Now I’m stripping the whole bike and will take out the whole engine to find what’s wrong with it.

·
Registered
84 Goldwing Aspencade, 91 EX500, 98 Ninja 250/17 300 engine swap, 07 EX500
42 Posts
Sounds like the bottom let go, you should be looking for a replacement engine.

Before you start ripping into it, drain the oil, if you see a lot of metal flakes in the oil, it's done.

The number one killer of these engines is low oil. They hold so little oil compared to other bikes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sounds like the bottom let go, you should be looking for a replacement engine.

Before you start ripping into it, drain the oil, if you see a lot of metal flakes in the oil, it's done.

The number one killer of these engines is low oil. They hold so little oil compared to other bikes.
First thing to do.

If you see bronze-colored flakes you know the bottom-end bearings are toast. Most often it's not worth fixing, and finding a replacement engine is the better option.

·
Registered
84 Goldwing Aspencade, 91 EX500, 98 Ninja 250/17 300 engine swap, 07 EX500
42 Posts
When my 97 Ninja 250 developed a knock, for no obvious reasons, first thing I did was drain the oil, I looked like 70s style metal flake paint on a boat.

It was A LOT METAL in the oil, I didn't bother doing any form of diagnostic, autopsy. I just removed the engine, and buried it with full honours.

Hence why I'm putting a 17' 300 engine complete with everything including fuel injection.

Finding a replacement engine is the best to go on these small engine ninjas, cost, time, etc.... I've seen too many posts gone wrong.

In closing, I'm not saying don't try, just giving you my personal years of experience with the ninjas. Either way we are here for you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Your engine, she gone bud. If it was run with no (or extreme low) oil, I'd put money that it's beyond economical repair.
Recommend trying to find a heart transplant (replacement engine). Perhaps you can find a wreck with a good engine on board for cheap?

·
Super Moderator
2,638 Posts
Yeah... dollars to donuts that engine is done for - these bikes do not react well when they're low on oil, let alone have none. Honestly, running any engine without oil is a bad idea. Like others have said, drain the oil, and if you see metal flakes it's a goner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts