Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
hello all forum members.
have you ever experienced click sound when you open the throttle?

I experinece this sound when I open the throttle at 3rd gear and like 40km fast.
before accelleration, I hear this click sound, it seems like it belongs to a throttle switch or smtg like that.

I'm wondering what could it be?

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dear cruizin,
thank you for the tip, however this click does not sound like a problem. rather it sounds like an electronic valve or relay.
I was wondering if there is also an electronic switch which regulates/controls the throttle.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
out of interest if you stop the engine with the kill switch and turn the throttle to full open do you still hear the click?
today I had time to ride my bike. I tested as you suggested. Ys there is same clicking sound when I kill the machine with kill switch.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
interesting. the only time i get a click form the throttle if i open the throttle full & let it go & it snaps shut. certainly sounds like mechanic fault for sure. is the bike under warranty? if so get it to the dealer to look at

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Are the throttle cables routed properly in the housing? They could be catching on a piece of plastic or something and making a clicking noise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting. the only time i get a click form the throttle if i open the throttle full & let it go & it snaps shut. certainly sounds like mechanic fault for sure. is the bike under warranty? if so get it to the dealer to look at
I bought it brand new and its on 820km, our first regular mechanic visit is on 1k km. When I get there I will ask. Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are the throttle cables routed properly in the housing? They could be catching on a piece of plastic or something and making a clicking noise.
Yes they are. There is no problem with the routing of the cables and cable housing at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man, I have a brand new bike and I've noticed this, too. For me it's RIGHT at the beginning of the throttle, and it definitely sounds like a relay or electrical switch, the same sound that the front brake lever makes when it's first engaged, however it's only audible when the bike is running.

Ever find anything out about it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a new 2015 at the beginning of this season. I notice when I close the throttle after having it open it clicks. I'm sure it a relay of some sort because it's repeatable with no issues . I didn'tm worry about it at all

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Holy thred necro. lol...

The sound is normal. That's just the sounds of your throttle butterflies opening and closing. They make a very audible clicking sound when they first start moving and come to a complete close. You can hear them loudly when you move the throttle with the engine off too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts