Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Absolutely not. Not at that price.

The Tankslapper sells a kit that protects all of the key areas for only $43 USD. It's the exact same film that Clear Armour uses. (3M VentureShield)

http://thetankslapper.biz/osc/index.php?cPath=28_1201_1202

I bought the $35 kit but haven't had the time to apply it yet. It's very easy but takes time and patience to do it right, so I don't want to be in a rush.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
i reckon we could do that, how about a lifetime supply of snake oil to pour in the fuel tank, its natures own way of running your engine and its all natural and it will never hurt the atmosphere and you can sleep easy at night with the knowledge your motorcycle is super easy to run and maintain

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I dont know what that trasnlates for in US dollars, but I had all the prone areas of my car done with a custom hand cut kit for $300 cash.. Thats enough material to probaly do 3 or 4 bikes!

That being said I have a tank slapper kit I am waiting to install, just need to peel off my tank pad first. .

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Definitely go the Tankslapper kit, made exactly to fit the bike; screw supercheap cause you get exactly that mate, super cheap crap. Plus its not made to fit and the Tankslapper kit is the exact same price as that anyway and the price of shipping from the US of A is negligible, nearly what you would pay for fuel to get to SuperCrap and back anyway and all without having to deal with the dummies that work there.

I put my Tankslapper on the first day I had the bike and it hasnt moved or peeled or done anything from where I applied it. Kudos to Tankslapper for the research and time they put in to getting products out when bikes first appear. In fact it was one of the first "aftermarket" things I could buy for the Ninja 300 anywhere in the world. I bought the kit before I even had the bike from the dealer!!

I payed the extra for the 3M kit and I got the full kit. Utilise your practice piece please!!!! And dont be annoyed if when you finish a piece you look at it and go **** there are bubbles!!!! THERE ARE BUBBBBBBBBLES!!!!
They come out over time just the same as window tint does when it is first applied. You wouldnt even know the tankslapper kit is there now unless I pointed out the edges to you. In the end I did away with the below seat fairing pieces and just did the headlights, tank and sides of tank. The sides of tank pieces are well worth the price of this kit just for those alone.

And whatever you do please dont just try and use a squeegee thing to apply, it will scratch the film and look ****. My mate bought the exact same kit as me and was just in too much of a rush to stick it on.........paint underneath his kit may be protected and brand new still but the whole bike (tank area anyway which to me is an important area for looks) now looks scratched, especially the tank sides and looks old and worn, not like a Ninja should.

Because we are new and shiny and stealthy.

I simply wrapped my little squeegee/applicator that I got from Tankslapper in a microfibre/terry towel and voila!!! Zero/negligible marks. I swear the dude in that application tutorial video on the website does that in his sleep. Again I cannot stress enough.....use the practice piece and use it again. And again. I think I did it like 3 times before I was happy and still thought I mucked it up anyway, but in the end looks invisible.

And someone mentioned having to take the tankpad off I think it was cbzdel......mate I just bought another one (in fact was the same one as I had on cause I liked the one I had) and applied it straight over the top of the tankslapper as I like the look of having a tankpad on, looked sorta bare with nothing there. Just wait a couple days until the Tankslapper has fully ummmmm "cured" I suppose you could say, dont go sticking the pad back on straight away.

As I got the 3M kit I wasnt too worried about the Tankslapper coming off...........may be a different story if I ever try to remove the tankpad again though, I would say it is gonna lift the tankslapper but for the price I will just buy another one and it gives me the chance to give it a bit of a proper clean and a repolish to make it nice and shiny.

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 vote for the tankslapper

jeffandrachel is spot on.

I just put mine on today and love it. Here's why:

It is indeed almost invisible, you'd have to know it was there and get up close to really notice it.
It's made for the bike so the pieces fit perfectly.
My tank has a decals so in my opinion a tank pad would interfere with the look of the tank, which the tankslapper does not.
If you mess it up, you can just take it off and do it again. Though I imagine you'd get more frustrated the more times you have to do it! PS: I didn't get the 3M, just the standard.

Note:

Definitely have a practice, and if you don't get a separate practice piece, just be aware you'll probably end up doing the first one a few times before you get the feel of how the material moves, stretches, sticks down etc. Make sure you clean the tank first, and have a few extra buckets of clean water on hand to pour over the tank just before each application, washing away any lint particles before you apply. If you do it a few times, wash the piece(s) each time as well. Once you have a feel for it you can apply it confidently and calmly. Make sure you have a couple of hours on a non-windy day preferably with some sun to help it mould better to the curves (especially those along the middle of the tank). Otherwise the hairdryer thing works well. Also, being a perfectionist and having attention to detail also works really well :) But you'll then need 3 hours!

Now I can't speak for longevity seeing as I only just put it on a few hours ago... but so far I'm really impressed!

In addition, I totally agree with jeffandrachel on this one!...
I swear the dude in that application tutorial video on the website does that in his sleep.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the tankslapper kit. I only put on the top. With the static cling one if its not stretched tight it will peel up some when it rains. Atleast mine did. I found if I applied then pulled the edges tight and used my other hand to apply as I stretched it would stick even when its getting rained on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.