Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,942 Posts
I use car wash for my entire bike.. I have a can of Plexus as well for the plastic bits in between washes..

Make sure you are using ammonia free Windex if your spraying it on your bike, it can cause discoloration over time, or so I have have been told :D

· Registered
1,190 Posts
A simple solution is Optimum No Rinse and a Microfiber cloth.

You just spray and wipe to clean.

That is the easiest way to clean your bike without causing too much damage to the paint.
+1 to this! I used ONR to clean off my bike after picking it up from the dealer (covered in greasy fingerprints and smudges everywhere).

And I treated all the unpainted plastics and vinyls with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

· Premium Member
1,159 Posts
I don't use windex at all, normal car wash and chamois will do the job.
The trick is use quality microfibre mitts, towels...also good wax and sealant on windscreen and paintwork.
Exactly. even though there are Tons of " quick wash / wipe " chemicals, we prefer the good ole' wash and wax still. Yeah, may take a bit more time, but that way we get to look the bike over as we wash / dry / wax it, and possibly find a scratch, mark or even a loose bolt or something that may not have been seen otherwise.

· Registered
33 Posts
I use the Honda spray cleaner/polish and two microfiber towels. They even have a mini travel size. It cleans off bugs, tar, tree sap, chain lube on rims and brake dust in seconds with just one wipe. Spray the towel then wipe on. Then use a second clean towel to wipe off to a shine. Very easy. Cleans and protects without scratching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.