Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know if anyone has ever had any experience with purchasing/owning a pair of rear sets from the chinese vendors on eBay.

Rear set #1 ( design similar to BIKERS rear sets )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rearset-Rea...Parts_Accessories&hash=item46065731a5&vxp=mtr

Bikers Rear sets
http://img.webike.net/catalogue/18277/900-k114.jpg

Rear set #2 ( seems similar to the SATO rear sets )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Ni...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7d3ed8eb&vxp=mtr

SATO Racing rear sets
http://www.satoracing.com/rearsetsninja250.htm

I am leaning towards the first option as I like the design of the Biker's Rear sets.

I have googled around to see some reviews on eBay rear sets from china in general and they all seem to have pretty good reviews.

I know that Vortex, Woodcraft, SATO are high end rear sets, however I do not have $300-400 to spend on just rear sets. :(
Granted such rear sets are graded 10/10, but if these eBay rear sets from china are close to 8/10, it'll be worth it IMO.

I have read around on the posts and saw that SV Racing rear sets have some positive reviews ( except for the small little hiccup with JxStarLA )
however I like the Biker's Racing rear sets design much more.:rolleyes:

BTW would having red rear sets such as the above be a bit tacky on the white ninja? :confused:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Don't buy China ones.. $10 says they wont fit.
The ones I got for my Gixxer weren't even close.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'd spend the extra money and get the Biker's. Also, on ebay, feedback can be deceptive, because people post feedback when they get their product. Not 3 months later when the shifter brakes off :confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a set of Chinese rearsets on my CBR600RR track bike (came on the bike). They technically bolted on but they did not really fit properly. I had issues with the linkage and also the shifter and brake pedal bearings (got gritty very quickly).

After I had enough with them I bought a set of Vortex and realized how wrong the Chinese set really was in fitmet. The lowest position for the Chinese brand was about an inch higher than the highest position on the Vortex. Much higher than was comfortable for me. Now that I have a good set of rear sets that fit properly and now shifts properly it is a whole new bike.

After my brief experience with the chinese knock offs I am going to stick with the major brands cause you know what you are getting

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a set of Chinese rearsets on my CBR600RR track bike (came on the bike). They technically bolted on but they did not really fit properly. I had issues with the linkage and also the shifter and brake pedal bearings (got gritty very quickly).

After I had enough with them I bought a set of Vortex and realized how wrong the Chinese set really was in fitmet. The lowest position for the Chinese brand was about an inch higher than the highest position on the Vortex. Much higher than was comfortable for me. Now that I have a good set of rear sets that fit properly and now shifts properly it is a whole new bike.

After my brief experience with the chinese knock offs I am going to stick with the major brands cause you know what you are getting
Ahh.. solid point.. but as much as I want the Vortex.. its alot of money..:sly:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dude those are exactly bikers rear sets. Bikers has them made somewhere and this may very well be the manufacturer of the actual rear set, Bikers then has there name etched into it. I have a list of about $1300 of bikers parts I want, I'm very tempted to give these a shot. If you do get these please let me know how they work.

regarding color: it's your bike, do what you want. it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice things cost more... but they usually are worth the expense. Anything half decent will cost a few bucks more. Might as well save for a while and be happy with a perfect fit than waste the cash and wish you got something nicer.

The money wasted could/would have gone towards the nicer set!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude those are exactly bikers rear sets. Bikers has them made somewhere and this may very well be the manufacturer of the actual rear set, Bikers then has there name etched into it. I have a list of about $1300 of bikers parts I want, I'm very tempted to give these a shot. If you do get these please let me know how they work.

regarding color: it's your bike, do what you want. it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. :D
Are you sure about this? If so then I wouldnt be surprised if these are indeed the same. I found a website selling the bikers rearsets for about $300 and on the non branded similar design is $220. Not to far off.. hmm.. and I was actually leaning towarda purchasing the geniune bikers rearsets too

·
Registered
561 Posts
i guess all you can really do is contact them and ask them if these are Bikers knock offs or if they are the manufacturer. Many years ago I worked for a high end outdoor lighting company, we had all our fixtures made in China and our logo put on them in the US. About 2 years later the Chinese started selling the same exact fixture for lots less. They told us if we had a problem with it find someone else to make them for the price that they did. Basically nothing we could do about it and we continued to buy it from them and compete against them as well. The thing that worked in our favor was just like people here are saying, everyone thought they were just Chinese knock offs so they continued to buy our product. Yet they were the exact same thing with out our logo.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i guess all you can really do is contact them and ask them if these are Bikers knock offs or if they are the manufacturer. Many years ago I worked for a high end outdoor lighting company, we had all our fixtures made in China and our logo put on them in the US. About 2 years later the Chinese started selling the same exact fixture for lots less. They told us if we had a problem with it find someone else to make them for the price that they did. Basically nothing we could do about it and we continued to buy it from them and compete against them as well. The thing that worked in our favor was just like people here are saying, everyone thought they were just Chinese knock offs so they continued to buy our product. Yet they were the exact same thing with out our logo.
Alot of companies actually do this. They buy the products from a cheap manufacturer, slap their logo on it and up the price. I just emailed him asking if they were the same or "replicas." Didnt want to hurt his feelings by stating his goods were fake. I'll keep you and everyone posted with updates ( incase any one else was interesred.)
In the end I'm pretty sure ill be buying his off eBay or the bikers rear sets.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I messaged the seller asking if the rear sets were the original BIKERS rear sets or replicas and how is the quality of the item. The response I got today..

"Hello
It is a standard for OEM rearset
It is make by high quality
Thank you
Lin"

I don't even know what that means..

·
Registered
140 Posts
...hahaha

look like him english no that good or google translate fail

I was actually interested to see if these were replicas or made by the same manufacturer as the Bikers set...guess we'll never know.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts