Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you want clearer Pictures I can Take some. Do not ride to prove. Ride and be Safe. IQ>CC's.

For the noobs. At a race track they gave 4 different riders, 2 bikes to ride on a circuit tracks.
Rider 1- Noobie
Rider 2- Street Rider with experience
Rider 3- Amateur Racer
Rider 4- Pro Racer

They had 2 bike runs.
Bike 1- 600 CC bike
Bike 2- 1,000 CC Bike.

Listen carefully, ONLY Rider 4, Pro Racer was able to have a faster Track Time on the Bigger bike.
So don't let someone fool you into riding something you can not handle, or make you "think" you are inferior for riding the way you feel comfortable,as long as what you're doing is not dangerous.

And Not all tires will completely eliminate Chicken Strips. In addition to that, Scraping knees does not always=better cornering technique.

Be Safe. And Lean Strategic, not to prove something!

Reactions: rekkuuza

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Stock tires are fine imo. I'm a fairly aggressive rider and I've had no slippage whatsoever (except a 2 wheel side going around a sandy corner).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm not from where you are so things might vary a bit.
Word of mouth around where I live is you do around 80 in the left,100 in the middle and 120 in the right type of thing.if someone is behind you and right up your ass and you're in the middle or right lane then move over and let him go.
If he wants to race around then rather give him way to go do it far away from you.it must be painful only keeping the bike at 80kph
It sure is painful!!!! have about year and a half to wait til I'm on my unrestricted license. Until then... it'll be a 80km/hr then 90km/hr limit.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Yep, that is a nail. Was not a pic to show chicken strips, but I figured, wtf, They are clear enough, might as well post here before I replace the tire.

Reactions: GreenSmitten

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here's the rear tyre on my 250R - that's a Pirelli Sport Demon. I'll be interested to see what the Roadwinners are like on the 300, I ditched them from the 250 as I didn't like how they felt, but seeing as IRC supposedly developed the 300 tyres in conjunction with Kawasaki they might actually be OK this time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
As said before do not go into a corner with eliminating chicken strips on your mind. Learn to corner correctly...proper speed, look through the corner, counter steer, smooth roll on the throttle out of the corner. And the chicken strips will magically disappear. Personally I don't give a damn about chicken strips. If I can't see all the way through a corner at entry I simply will take that corner at a slower speed with less lean. To many times I have been surprised by a geek on a bicycle at the exit of a corner. :eek: So call me a sissy...I would rather have my pretty 300 SE in one piece and the hyde on my ass.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
As said before do not go into a corner with eliminating chicken strips on your mind. Learn to corner correctly...proper speed, look through the corner, counter steer, smooth roll on the throttle out of the corner. And the chicken strips will magically disappear. Personally I don't give a damn about chicken strips. If I can't see all the way through a corner at entry I simply will take that corner at a slower speed with less lean. To many times I have been surprised by a geek on a bicycle at the exit of a corner. :eek: So call me a sissy...I would rather have my pretty 300 SE in one piece and the hyde on my ass.
Well said

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
Second that.

I'm not a 'sporty' rider so will never be looking to get them small. I was actually surprised when I went out to take that pic of my 250 :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

From my track day. Started the day with almost new tires, or at least it was the bike with the newest looking tires out of all the rental bikes. I doubt I'd ever come close to that in the street and I don't feel it's worth the risk to push it that hard outside of a track anyway. For comparison, here's my own street bike. Mmm chicken strips.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Waking the dead:surprise:

No updates since 2013 on Chicken Strips?
:frown2:

Reactions: Ninja3oo_LA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Eventually one of you will want to out beat another with chicken strips.....lets hope you don't learn the hard way and crash. Do not prove yourself by trying to eliminate your chicken strips. You want to have as much contact patch on the ground as possible. Especially during cornering.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts