·
Registered
887 Posts
I lol'd.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The only time I really get to lean more than normal is during some on ramps onto the freeway that I'm very familiar with (that I can look through the entire turn with nothing blocking my view). But it's good to know I still have 1/2" more to go before I run out of tire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My strips are about half an inch and only because there's two ramps on and off the highway that I can really lean into without worry. Other than those two its pretty flat lands in MI with a few hills.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Still on the factory biasply OEM dryrot tires 4 years old with 4k miles, weird squared off profile that feels spooky but still grippy at max lean. I dont have any empty warehouse parking lots to play in where i live or ride that wud make it easy to get to the edge.

The Dragon is 636 blind curves in one 22 mile lap that killed 2 riders this month n 39 total plus 1 bear this month n 1 boar, thats why i install $5 deer whistlers on all my vehicles, ive used all my 9 lives, 1000 foot cliffs, up to 18 cops, 4 hour ambulance ride. I kept up with Max Wrist until the 1st corner smh.

Got new bridgestone battlaxe s20 evo tires ready but i really want those 30 year old vlrgin strips scrubbed in 1st. Im 8 years out of practice but it feels like this bike is ALOT faster at a given lean angle than my triumph daytona 600, that the 300 uses LESS lean angle for a given speed, so my strapon skull knee sliders are not even close to the tarmac when hanging off lookin through mirror. On my 600 i could drag a knee with zero chickenstrips at 29 mph in a parking lot, i feel id have to go alot faster at same radius to drag a knee on the 300, since its about 50 pounds less weight. This bike eats most 1000s in curves. A 125 has a faster corner speed than a MotoGP.

Cops here do prosecute knee dragging as "reckless driving" and testified against me for "excessive lean angle" when not dragging a knee, they also testilied about turning radar on, posted speed limit 35 mph lower than actual speed limit, and state jurisdiction when its actually federal so the traffic court had zero jurisdiction, case dismissed in 30 seconds.

Wish the slipper clutch slipped more when entering curves, is it adjustable? Not ready for track days, need pickup truck 1st, paying off house n rebuilding everything after divorce (i drove her alky n lez, or didnt keep up with her fun). Heres my band chicken strip pic: instagram*com/p/CPSdpOcp5Ey/

How many roads have their own Deathmap? Some are sportbike tourists trying to cure chickenstrips, many are cruisers n trikes. 1 kid was trapped under his dads bike n body all night before they found him, the wild hogs n bears would have eaten him. Ordered a good tire gauge i can carry to drop pressure when i get to the Dragon, that might wear off that last strip and give better feel and grip.

Poured rain but felt great cooling off at 90 degrees F, dry on dragon, last 1/2 mile is gravel:

·
Registered
100 Posts

Front tire plenty of tread after 7400 miles on 1st stock tires.

7400 miles is all i could squeeze out of original tires, IDK what the 1st owner did to rear tire, i never used rear brake, usually ride clutch to bypass engine braking. My endurance is 5% of normal, so by time i ride 1.5 hours to the Dragon at 110 mph, im too exhausted to do more than 2 laps at 636 curves per lap. The average tourist with a trailer does 10 or 15 laps a day. Yellow Wolf holds the world record at over 100 laps in 24 hours on a Gold Wing 1800. Ived raced on some of the best race tracks in the world, on TV against world champions in front of 100,000 fans, with perfect asphalt, no oncoming traffic, no blind curves, no wild carniverous animals, no 300 foot cliffs, no falling trees, runoff areas, ambulances, drs, helicopters, now im spoiled rotten for safety. The Dragon is the most dangerous road on TV with over 50 biker deaths in 11 miles, 3 this year so far. My last fast run totaled a McLaren, nearly kllled 2+ people after he crossed centerline. I cant trust that road nor other drivers. Thus my chickenstrips mock me.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts