Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

For those of you fairly savvy with your bikes: can you help me determine how my pads are doing? With all the threads on premature burning up, I look down at my odometer at nearly 4k, and figure I better check on 'em.

So I thought you could check brake pad wear while they are still on the bike, but you really can't see much that way. I took a couple pics of what I can see. Is that all I'm supposed to be able to measure? If so, how do they look? They look fine to me, but I'm not real sure.

I'm doing a 1500 mile trip in a couple weeks, so I wanna' be sure I'll have brakes while I'm out in the mountains! I'll be upgrading to the sintered pads once these are toast, but I'd prefer to not have to do it right now, if my current pads are fine.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Looks like plenty of life left but I tell ya what, I had to nail an emergency maneuver the other day. I was in the right lane. The car just in front of me in the left lane decided to turn right into a store parking lot as we were doing 50 MPH. I have a completely different caliper and SS lines with sintered pads, pretty much as good as a single stock 300 disc can get IMO. Stock brakes I'd have been into the car. I was able to brake and sneak around the rear of it to the left as it crossed in front of me.

Spend the $40 on sintered front pads, if for no other reason than it might be the difference between dying or just having a "cool story bro" to bore others with, like me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like plenty of life left but I tell ya what, I had to nail an emergency maneuver the other day. I was in the right lane. The car just in front of me in the left lane decided to turn right into a store parking lot as we were doing 50 MPH. I have a completely different caliper and SS lines with sintered pads, pretty much as good as a single stock 300 disc can get IMO. Stock brakes I'd have been into the car. I was able to brake and sneak around the rear of it to the left as it crossed in front of me.

Spend the $40 on sintered front pads, if for no other reason than it might be the difference between dying or just having a "cool story bro" to bore others with, like me.
Yikes man. Glad you're still here; okay, sintered pads it is. Do you happen to have a link to the ones you bought? Between here and ninjette, there are lots of recommendations, but it would be nice to know for sure which ones will fit.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Anything listed for a 2008-12 Ninja 250 will drop in. I use EBC "HH" sintered pads. There are a few very good companies with great pads, unfortunately, Kawi chose pads that are just awful.

My son has my old EBC pads in his 12 250, he sent me a pic of a nice stoppie earlier today, LOL. The difference in bite is pretty dramatic, and even then they leave a lot to be desired!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts