Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it would be smarter to wait until I can just pay for the Bike in Cash around November and i can possibly get a cheaper price? I plan on buying the White paint scheme

·
Registered
390 Posts
Cash always wins. You are more of a threat because you have money in hand and can walk away, therefore you hold the power.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes wait till you have cash. I went in with a check for $5500 and I said that's all I got and they wanted more so I walked away. The next day got a call :). You will be able to negotiate more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I dont know why people thing cash wins.. Cash loses, they make less money from a cash deal because they are not getting a kick back from the fiancer, PLUS if its financed they still get paid with CASH...

I made a deal on a car once and agreeded to finance it.. Put my deposit down on it and went back a week later when it was in stock to buy it.. When I went in I changed my mind to paying cash.. They did not want to honor the deal because I was not financing it. They wanted to charge me more if I was paying cash... I walked out the door cash in hand and they never got back ahold of me to buy it... Cash doesnt always win..

When I bought my 300 I called the dealer and said I want a Ninja 300.. I said I will pay this much, put 1000 down, and fiance the rest. If you can get it let me know.. I got a call from the manager an hour later saying sold.. See you dont even have to be there in person to negotiate...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cash only really wins if you have a bad credit history, or if you are trying to put 2K plus on your credit card for points. Then they seem to prefer cash. But financing, that really is their dream customer, IF it is done through the dealer

·
Registered
487 Posts
Going in with cash is a good idea for you (no debt/financing etc.) and you may be able to score a good deal. If the dealer is able to move inventory quickly - they would rather sell high than low b/c people are buying them anyhow.

People around here might be able to help you better if they know which area you're from - try Costco dealing it if available in your area. November is still a whiles off :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
I sell cars and we do get a kick back but on the small amount for the ninja they usually dont care in ontario I believe it is 200-250 kick back for financing if you have decent credit.

hope this helps you negociation

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
By November use cash to buy a used one from a private party, spend what you save on mods..

Lots of 300s will soon be for sale because the owner will want to go faster in a straight line :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cash should always win. Credit cards as a retailer you always pay a % to use . I work for a business we offer financing and we get hit with ethier 3.95% or 4.10% of the total sale to finance. Idk if dealerships are different.

·
Registered
561 Posts
cash only wins if the dealer acts as the finance company, then they dont have to run the risk of you not making your monthly payment. Nowadays the finance companies pay the dealer direct for the sale price, so the dealer gets their "cash" right away with no risk at all because the finance company now runs the risk of you not paying.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes cash is better and yes the dealer prefers you to finance it so they can make even more money from you. You are both right. Cash is better for you because you don't pay interest on borrowed money which is not tax deductible. Do cash if you can and don't have to turn around and miss some other payment, eat Ramen for the next 6 months, or borrow money to pay for something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts