Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so rewind a couple months, was replacing chain and sprockets, left the key on, battery died. Got it running again with a bump start, ran fine from there but the battery light would occasionally come on. I figured I put the lead acid battery on its last legs when I killed it. 2 weeks ago, I'm teaching my girlfriend to ride and it dies on her, no charge. Replaced the battery with a Ballistic lithium battery, starts right up, no problems. Two days ago, we're downtown and battery light comes on again. Concerns me, but I figured I could make it home. 30 seconds later, instrument cluster goes dark. 30 seconds later, bike dies on me and I still can't get it started. At this point, I'm feeling pretty certain it's an issue with the charging system. I've done all my own work on this bike so far thanks to great instructions from this forum and youtube videos. But I haven't ever done work on charging systems, not on bikes, cars, or otherwise. So I'm a little over my head with this particular issue, but want to learn. Does anyone have any suggestions for the potential problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to close out a thread, stator was outputting a low AC voltage which burned out the regulator. Seems to be, from what I've read, a relatively common issue on the 300

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
Alright, so rewind a couple months, was replacing chain and sprockets, left the key on, battery died. Got it running again with a bump start, ran fine from there but the battery light would occasionally come on. I figured I put the lead acid battery on its last legs when I killed it. 2 weeks ago, I'm teaching my girlfriend to ride and it dies on her, no charge. Replaced the battery with a Ballistic lithium battery, starts right up, no problems. Two days ago, we're downtown and battery light comes on again. Concerns me, but I figured I could make it home. 30 seconds later, instrument cluster goes dark. 30 seconds later, bike dies on me and I still can't get it started. At this point, I'm feeling pretty certain it's an issue with the charging system. I've done all my own work on this bike so far thanks to great instructions from this forum and youtube videos. But I haven't ever done work on charging systems, not on bikes, cars, or otherwise. So I'm a little over my head with this particular issue, but want to learn. Does anyone have any suggestions for the potential problem? Thanks!
i’m hav
Just to close out a thread, stator was outputting a low AC voltage which burned out the regulator. Seems to be, from what I've read, a relatively common issue on the 300
hi i see that your post was 3 years ago. But just incase you still remember what you did to fix it and what was the main problem pls share. i’m having exactly same issue with my 300 and i’m getting frustrated already. Seems to me i have a bad stator. Or maybe there is another problem. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts