Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Bought some fresh 5000k Crystal bulbs for my 300 cause I didnt wanna go the projector HID route.... Anyways installed them pretty eeasy and they look mint, super bright white HID look ;)

The phillips kit I bought came with parkers aswell, Ive tried for ages to get the stock ones out and my big tradesman hands will nevver fit!! WTF

they must get 6 year old to change them, Is there any tricks without taking off panels? I know cbzdel youve fitted LEDs in yours? howd you do it mate?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cbzdel :)
Had a feeling you'd get it first!
Are you talking about the small panels on the front around the lights or the fairings aswell?
Is it a big job?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
there are no small panels on the fairings, they come off as a complete unit. I assume you are saying something like can I just take off the flat black upper fairing. If that is what you mean, no, because the flat black panels are attached from the backside to the white panel, so the entire side fairing comes off as one piece from the seat to the tip of the headlight. I wouldnt call it a big job its just more work that a typical fairing removal because there are so many screws and bolts..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers cbzdel, I really don't wanna go ripping fairings off CBF!
Mike there not actually HIDs there 5000k crystal white bulbs, they look nice I rekon, heeeeaps better vision at night and longer :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice mate

Which Phillips kit did you put in?? I was thinking of ordering Phillips diamond vision kit, just been debating between hid kit or just globes

Post some pics!!!
Its the crystal vision I think, the bloke at autobarn told me the diamond vision looks almost the same as HID but you loose heaps of distance, its really just for show and there actually illegal.

The ones I got are illegal too but you actually gain distance..Looks awesome except I cant change the parkers so there still the yellowey hallogen look..
Nice cheap easy upgrade :)

Will post some pics up soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
That looks awesome mate!

I was thinking to change my headlight, but don't know which kit should i use =_=, so im getting a 2nd hand yoshi slip on first.

btw, it looks like yellowy rather than white thou, could you post a vid showing that off? lol it would be amazing :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks fellas,
It looks yellowed because the running lights in the top corner haven't been changed.
There still halogen. The headlights are really white.

What do you mean Both on low beam?
H7s are single filament globes so when high beam is switched on the other headlight simply comes on aswell. Or do you mean that it looks slightly brighter?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks fellas,
It looks yellowed because the running lights in the top corner haven't been changed.
There still halogen. The headlights are really white.

What do you mean Both on low beam?
H7s are single filament globes so when high beam is switched on the other headlight simply comes on aswell. Or do you mean that it looks slightly brighter?
I think what he means is your photo looks like both of your headlight is in low beam.

Or is it possible to have both lights on as low beams and have the high beam as well? like motorised HID i guess..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think what he means is your photo looks like both of your headlight is in low beam.

Or is it possible to have both lights on as low beams and have the high beam as well? like motorised HID i guess..
You could rewire it fairly easily and set one of the switches to
Either have both on or none on!

High beam is both H7 engaged , low beam is only one.

I always ride with high beams on anyways, but there adjusted to point down slightly

I was really suprised with the stock lights though compared to other bikes I've owned, apart from aesthetics there's no need to upgrade

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could rewire it fairly easily and set one of the switches to
Either have both on or none on!

High beam is both H7 engaged , low beam is only one.

I always ride with high beams on anyways, but there adjusted to point down slightly

I was really suprised with the stock lights though compared to other bikes I've owned, apart from aesthetics there's no need to upgrade
So what you are saying is that you can adjust HID beams? I thought you could only adjust projectors.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Or is it possible to have both lights on as low beams and have the high beam as well? like motorised HID i guess.
Yes, it would look better from the front if both bulbs were on in low as well as high beam. It's not a deal breaker and I still love the bike, I just think it looks better when both lights are on instead of just one.

Nice Bike BTW man!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.