Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got another nail in my rear tire and have decided its time to change it out. Im looking to get the Dunlop Roadsmart III (150/70ZR17) and was wondering if it was fine to leave the stock front tire.

The front tire is stock and still has a lot of tread on it, I was wondering if it was smart and safe to change out my rear tire whilst keeping the front tire stock.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Is it safe? Sure. Lots of people mix and match tires. Many would also recommend against mixing a bias ply tire (your OEM front) and a radial tire. Best option? Replace them both. Compared to just about every aftermarket option the OEM tires are garbage and you will be thrilled at the upgrade to your ride and handling with new tires.

I promise you there isn't a single person around who was disappointed after upgrading from the OEM tires.

·
Registered
400 Posts
How old is the front tire? Tread depth isn't a good indicator of a good tire. Rubber degrades as it ages, and OEM tires are rarely great even when new.

I replaced a complete set of tires on a brand new bike after 500 mi because I didn't like them, so I wouldn't hesitate. I believe that tires are one of the most important items that you can control concerning your safety, not just during cornering but braking as well.

You will be much happier, and safer, with a full set of RoadSmarts and won't have to think about tires for quite a while.

My son is on the 3rd set of RoadSmarts on his VFR, and loves them. He pushes rather hard at times, and the RoadSmarts are up to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts