Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
if you need a "blinker fluid warmer" because you live in cold climates, talk to member "rekognize" he has one on his bike, i think from memory it is in the DIY sticky thread of wisdom as well

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok so a little update. I finally got round to getting some new leds to try. I'm trying out a more solid style. I'll keep you all updated on how they hold up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Updating again. These bad boys are still alive with none of the flickering I had with the others. Happy days!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just wanted to show you guys and maybe help others in choosing some parker/headlight bulbs. So i initially ordered Philips X-treme Vision H7s and when they came in (from amazon) they were broken at the tips and pieces of glass were chipped off. I contacted amazon and they refunded me my money. i threw those H7s on my car since they used the same bulbs and they werent as white as i expected. i found Nokyas for more than half the price of Diamond Visions and so far they work.

Fairings loosened to gain access

Nokya H7 7k and Philips T10 6k

Bulbs in on left side

Running Lights (LEFT - Philips T10 and RIGHT- stock bulbs)

High Beams (LEFT - Philips T10 and Nokya H7 and RIGHT- stock bulbs)

T10s in

DONE

overall, im happy with this setup. no yellow at all in either bulb but the Nokya has a slight bluish tint than the side bulbs which are stark white (no blue). At least it gives a slight distinction between the two which is nice.

T10 Side Marker Bulb
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-129666000KX2-XtremeVision-Interior-Exterior/dp/B009NOZ4RI

H7 55w Headlight Bulb
http://www.amazon.com/Nokya-H7-Headlight-Bulbs-Arctic/dp/B007Q45O0Y

·
Registered
996 Posts
I got Phillips' 4300k h7 bulbs (they call them extremevision or whitevision, don't remember which), and I'm very happy with them. They are very pure white, no yellowish tint, but still brighter than the stock bulbs unlike some of the higher color temp bulbs (over 5000k). They're also legal in CA and they come with 2 free matching marker bulbs that fit our bikes.

I was able to change both headlight and marker bulbs without removing any fairings, and I don't have tiny hands. Took about 10min total.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was able to change both headlight and marker bulbs without removing any fairings, and I don't have tiny hands. Took about 10min total.
Any tips? Which direction did you reach in from and which way did you turn the steering?
Would like to hear more about this myself. I didn't think this was possible without removing the fairings, and this is what's putting me off doing it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Would like to hear more about this myself. I didn't think this was possible without removing the fairings, and this is what's putting me off doing it.
I have small hands and i cant reach in there..i dont even know where to reach to -_-. HELP! I want to change my parker lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm not sure I want to change my parker lights now.
I changed my headlights to the Philips 5000k Diamond Vision, and the gold/yellow colour of the parkers look really good against the silvery/blue of the headlights.
Looks awesome I reckon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not sure I want to change my parker lights now.
I changed my headlights to the Philips 5000k Diamond Vision, and the gold/yellow colour of the parkers look really good against the silvery/blue of the headlights.
Looks awesome I reckon.
Take picture if you do! I really dont want to take my fairrings off. it's a pain..

61 - 78 of 78 Posts