Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00480J4PU/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=pe_344980_30548220_email_1p_0_ti

This is where I ordered the headlight bulbs. H7 is the size. There's different types. I went with the crystal vision ultra because they are cheaper and these types of bulbs probably won't last a full year before burning out. Either way still better than the stock bulbs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Nice only 15 bucks. I think ill get these for now, when they give me trouble of burning out ill go to that crazy install set. Thanks for the link and replying back so fast! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice only 15 bucks. I think ill get these for now, when they give me trouble of burning out ill go to that crazy install set. Thanks for the link and replying back so fast! :)
don't buy this, i couldn't see any difference compare to stock ones.
mine was 4000k , possibly if you get 5000k it should make a difference.
dang it, i need to reorder...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Parker Light Base?

What kind of base are the parkers? Checking Cruizin's parts list says t10. Is t10 wedged shape? Never seen the wedge socket before and just want to know so I can order the right bulb.

·
Registered
120 Posts
have a chat to the local police/government transport department first.i sure i read a post in the past few weeks in usa red/blue were not allowed and there was another colour, im not sure what it was

DO NOT USE RED OR BLUE IN AUSTRALIA :p I found out this the hard way with my WRX that I used to own, got nailed by a highway patrol who then proceeded to call me a hoon and a rev head with my family in the car after a Sunday picnic!
I have the SE tho so I'll be going green LED parkers I think ;)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
DO NOT USE RED OR BLUE IN AUSTRALIA :p I found out this the hard way with my WRX that I used to own, got nailed by a highway patrol who then proceeded to call me a hoon and a rev head with my family in the car after a Sunday picnic!
I have the SE tho so I'll be going green LED parkers I think ;)

red / blue / green is pretty much banned globally as light colours except on special vehicles eg police, fire, ambulance

·
Registered
229 Posts
i believe they look like this, found with google images

Hahaha a little bit late Cruizin I just ripped off my right fairings (for the first time :cool:) to check it (busted a lower fairing rivet doing it too :(). They do indeed look like that. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: cruizin

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
as for plastic rivets , i searched ebay & found these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350828661458?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

im waiting on them to arrive but should fit nicely as spares when they break.

(note i said when, not *IF* lol ;) )
Yeah they don't seem the strongest do they? Those ones are fine for me (for now). Its one of the 2 big ones for the belly pan that broke. eBay would have those ones too though so I'll check there.

edit: Ahh they have the same inner diameter, thanks Cruizin

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
those bulbs are not very strong at all. they are used in a variety of applications though from button lights on a control panel of a poker machine/ arcade machine to automotive industry & everything in between. i have seen it many a time where the plastic socket they push in to in only a matter of months the plastic disintegrates and needs to be replaced. fingered crossed it doesn’t happen on our mighty ninjas!

·
Registered
229 Posts
those bulbs are not very strong at all. they are used in a variety of applications though from button lights on a control panel of a poker machine/ arcade machine to automotive industry & everything in between. i have seen it many a time where the plastic socket they push in to in only a matter of months the plastic disintegrates and needs to be replaced. fingered crossed it doesn’t happen on our mighty ninjas!
Good thing I'm upgrading to LEDs. Too bad the green will attract cops :rolleyes:.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Good thing I'm upgrading to LEDs. Too bad the green will attract cops :rolleyes:.
before you put the leds in it might be worth while setting them up on a bench & connecting them to 12volts & let them sit for say an hour & see if they start to flicker or not.if they flicker, dont bother to install them;)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Ok so a little update. I finally got round to getting some new leds to try. I'm trying out a more solid style. I'll keep you all updated on how they hold uphttp://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
what brand & where did you buy them?im keen to keep notes for all of us on this topic so we can find what does & doesn’t work

·
Registered
110 Posts
what brand & where did you buy them?im keen to keep notes for all of us on this topic so we can find what does & doesn’t work
Got them from Jaycar. Not sure if they're a specific brand. My theory is that because these have a lot more acrylic around them, they should be more resistant to vibration.

The timer starts from today. Fingers crossed they last

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
So in the service manual it says i need to remove basically my lower, inner, middle and upper fairing to reach the parker lights, is there an easier way to get to the parker lights without removing all the fairings?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts