Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I want to install new headlights but the removing the casing looks like a pain in the but and I have been avoiding it like the plauge.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mate if you pay a return airfare for me, i will come & do it for ya
Haha I am almost tempted...I dont know why, I have read and re read the installation sticky on the angel eye headlights, but for some reason it just intimidates me ALOT.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haha I am almost tempted...I dont know why, I have read and re read the installation sticky on the angel eye headlights, but for some reason it just intimidates me ALOT.
It's a huge pain in the ass. Set out a couple days to do it right. If I could go back and redo it, I'd send my headlight to them to do a retro fit.

But after going through with it, I know how to tear the bike apart and know where every bolts/screws go. It's a learning experience.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

it looks very time consuming, but not too difficult

·
Registered
148 Posts
Upgrading Headlight and Parking light bulbs

Hey guys, so I was switching out my headlight bulbs and thought I would share info on what I did since there isn't a much on the subject already. For the headlight bulbs I went with the Phillips CrystalVision Ultra. And the for the parking light bulb I ordered white LEDs. The bulb sizes for our bikes our Headlights - H7
Parking lights - T10
I ordered everything off of Amazon for around $26. The stock headlight has the gray tip and the Phillips has the blue tip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
The headlights were simple enough to switch out by reaching underneath through the forks from the front. There is a rubber boot that you pull off and then a connector that you disconnect from the bulb. After that a metal clamp is wrapped around the bulb. You just push in and it comes undone. Pretty simple to figure out. The parking lights required me to remove the fairings to access though. After the fairings are removed, you just pull out the bulb from the housing.

The light on the left is Phillips low beam. And right is stock high beam.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
have a chat to the local police/government transport department first.i sure i read a post in the past few weeks in usa red/blue were not allowed and there was another colour, im not sure what it was

·
Registered
177 Posts
I heard that red can not be viewed from ones rear view mirror.

But colors not allowed are red, blue and amber. For California but ive noticed bikers in norcal dont care and display red or blue all the time.

Ive even seen multi colors.

Im not sure about the legal aspects thou

·
Registered
148 Posts
That looks really nice, i wish i had the white 300.. ive got the green special edition one. yes, please link where u got the bulbs from

This is where I ordered the headlight bulbs. H7 is the size. There's different types. I went with the crystal vision ultra because they are cheaper and these types of bulbs probably won't last a full year before burning out. Either way still better than the stock bulbs.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts