Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to change the headlight globes and parker lights tonight. I was wondering which fairings exactly do I need to remove so I can easily access the headlights and align them if need be? I don't want to strip her down naked if need be, thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
U need to take off the middle fairing but to get that off u need to take off the inner fairing lower fairing air cleaner cover fairing thingy lol and tank cover fairing all up about half an hour 45 mind to pull off for the first time and about 15 mins to put them back on, really simple when u get it apart

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you basically have to strip her down, better get started then! I'm gonna install the Philips Diamond vision H7 globes. Will post some photos when I'm done!

·
Registered
110 Posts
It can be done without removing the fairings, but its probably a lot easier and quicker to take them off. I can tell you from experience, its a real pain doing it with them on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could not possibly imagine changing the globes without taking the fairings off! :eek:
It was a mission, that's for sure! Very fiddly and a little bit painful.
Once I have a decent workspace I'll be a happy man.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alignment issues

I can't seem to align the high beam headlight down to how i want it. The beam height is on par with the low beam headlight but it's very focused onto a single area near the centre and doesn't have a wide beam how the lowbeam headlight does.

There are 3 dial knobs for each headlight, 2 on top and 1 down the bottom. Can someone explain to me what each of these dial knobs do?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought the diamond visions but only notice a slight difference compared to the stock. I have the 4000k Im only assuming thats the intensity or brightness. Is yours 5000k?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Kelvin is a measure of color temperature, here's a picture with more detail into colors.

Color temperature is not directly related to how "bright" your lights are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just realized the manual explains how to use the headlight alignment adjusters..

The top knob is for horizontal adjustment and the bottom knob is for vertical adjustment if anyone was wanting to know.

·
Registered
655 Posts
lol I sat down and read through it the other day its very informative I then continued to read my car manual that ive owned for two years.. im a reformed man.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I can't seem to align the high beam headlight down to how i want it. The beam height is on par with the low beam headlight but it's very focused onto a single area near the centre and doesn't have a wide beam how the lowbeam headlight does.

There are 3 dial knobs for each headlight, 2 on top and 1 down the bottom. Can someone explain to me what each of these dial knobs do?
The high beam reflector is different than the low beam reflector. The actual pattern is designed to focus the light, whereas the low beam is designed to disperse the light.

You can adjust them to point in relatively the same direction, but the patterns will always be different.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Haha thanks for your help mate, you must think "It's in the damn manual! Read it!" half the time you see my posts hey? :D

lol, nah mate i dont, honestly mate i read so many posts it just becomes a blurr after a while;)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts