Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
I just bought some stuff called "chain wax" its not actually what you think it is but, its aerosol lube like other chain lubes, just the name. I know you can buy actual wax for your chain which is what im looking for to try protect the outer of my chain also as its rusting even though I clean this once a week and lube every 600kms
This is what I use as a lubricant as long as you follow the instructions almost no fling happens.

I use Motul Chain Clean. It melts everything right off.
This is also what I use just to clean it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dupont Chainsaver Wax Lube, and Dupont Chain Cleaner, $6 each at your local Walmart. :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Silkolene Titanium Chain Lube

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Silkolene-Titanium-Chain-Lube-Gel-500mL.aspx?pid=338124&menuFrom=60603#Description

use it sparingly. i have had a tin for over a year now and still only half full. magic stuff.

best product i have ever bought & used is a scottoiler

www.scottoiler.com

had one of these on my VFR800 14 years ago

www.scottoiler.com/uk/vsystem/vsystem.html

set it up so it does 1 drop of oil, yes one drop, about ever minute or so. the oil for it is dear as poison. if you need more, buy chain oil that is used for chain saws.much cheaper then the genuine scottoiler stuff.when i sold my VFR i had well over 60,000 kilometers on it and the same sprockets/chain on it the day i rode off the floor with when i bought it. i was stunned at how well it worked and the chain/sprockets still had plenty left to give.

you can see the tube here with oil in it that drops on the chain. was worth its weight n gold. sold it with the bike cos i was never planning to get another chain drive bike, lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lol jeff, gotta get me some of that! It's definately an Australian thing ;)

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Reviving an old thread with a new video on the subject from FortNine:

Summary: cheap gear oil is best and most cost effective.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do not use water ever. You can use detergents if you want but you run the risk or premature chain wear( Rust spots that can cause chain breakage in extreme cases). I did that and killed my first chain. Sealed o ring chains need the real degreaser that has a lub in it, no water. You will never get all the water or detergents out or the water. Just my advice 🐒 have fun.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts