Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As titled i'm looking to order one of these from Aus. I've been quoted around $650 just for the slip on from Causeway Kawasaki Perth. Is this about the average price? Any other suppliers within OZ or online that ship to OZ that are cheaper?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
650 including shipping to WA for the full system, you sure you dont want that over just a slip on???? Was only like 100-150 bucks extra over just the slip-on price..........

And do not buy anything for this bike from Australia, we get mega ripped off. Only thing I have bought here is the bike and the rear seat cowl. Everything else comes from Thailand or the US of A.

I support my local businesses for sure, but not when they try and charge me double the price for identical parts.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
jeffandrachelI support my local businesses for sure said:
aint that the truth, like me buying the power commander 5 with my bike and getting charged $500 for it, but can buy it from usa for $299!!

crazy. anyhow.whatever, i have it fitted now:D

·
Registered
728 Posts
you sure you dont want that over just a slip on???? Was only like 100-150 bucks extra over just the slip-on price..........
I was faced with the same dilemma.

True, an additional $150 and you get the full system but don't forget the tuner which costs another $400. Whereas a slip-on is plug and play..

My 02.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts

True, an additional $150 and you get the full system but don't forget the tuner which costs another $400. Whereas a slip-on is plug and play..

My 02.
Very true, very true. I suppose it depends if your after just noise or a little extra power to go with that noise.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

My 02.
Pretty much what i'm thinking. I don't want to go to crazy as i'll be stepping up to the 300's bigger brother in a year or so.....

Seat Cowl, slip-on, fender eliminator, rear hugger & maybe dipped screen and i'll be happy :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Exactly, a little extra power (like 3-4hp?) for another $500+?

What noise? Loud pipes save lives! lol
For me it was more that the extra 500 bucks transformed that little bike into something waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more than ever expected from a 296cc bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts