Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been taking with several companies about a carbon fiber front fender but i wanted to start a thread and see if there was even any interest from members on here. If you have any interest can you post up along with what you would consider to be a reasonable price.

For anyone wondering its really just a visual mod.

EDIT:
Just got word from SlingShot Racing that they want a Ninja 300 front fender for R&D for a carbon fiber front fender. They are located near San Fransisco, CA, but all they need is the fender not an entire bike. The catch is they said the whatever fender is used for R&D will no longer be usable after they turn it into a mold, so you have to be willing give up your stock fender in exchange for a Carbon Fiber fender. I would do this, but I do not want to give up my stock fender for a mod I am not 100% sure about yet.

You can contact SlingShot Racing off their website at
http://www.slingshotracing.net/catalog/contact_us.php

·
Registered
594 Posts
That would look especially sweet on the white bike.;)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it would look awesome on the white as well, especially since I plan on getting a carbon fiber exhaust :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added contact info for Slingshot Racing, whom accepts the challenge of building a Carbon Fiber fender for us.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If its real carbon fiber, I'd buy one for 80 shipped.

HOWEVER! I would really be interested in a rear tire hugger, a longer one for more protection. If they do a carbon fiber one of those, or a flat black to match, that would be nice! =D

Unfortunatly I am on the opposite side of the country... Wish I could lend em my bike for r&d lol

EDIT: 1000 bucks for a full set of fairings? **** no! I'd pay....500 for everything. there isnt THAT much plastic that needs replacing.. lol IMO

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They dont need an entire bike they just need someone to ship him the parts, and in return you get a carbon fiber copy :)

And yes the parts are real carbon fiber.. He may be willing to make a carbon fiber hugger as well just need to ask him about it..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hmm... tempting... Do I get my old one back as well? And is it a free carbon fiber copy? lol

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You dont get the old one back, it will basically be ruined durning the the process of making the mold.. That is the only downside.. I ride in the rain so I dont want to lose my front fender in the process of waiting for the new one..

Now sure on the small details you would have to contact them directly for info on what you get in return. All I know is the company said if we get them a front fender they will replicate it in Carbon Fiber. Most company's after doing R&D and cut the donator a awesome break with a free or extremely reduced price part..

If you are interested try contacting them and see what they say.. Just tell them you are from the forum.. I have been talking with him alot about parts and he knows about the forum.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'll consider it.. I wouldn't mind a carbon fiber one, but I kinda liek the white.. dont wanna lose my white one, not yet lol

I hear you on the rain thing.. i also ide in the rain very often it seems

·
Registered
554 Posts
Great for someone who doesn't ride their bike that often. How long do they need it for? Or before they send you a carbon one?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That I dont know either.. I didnt get all the details because I would be wasting his time not being willing to do it myself...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts