Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a weird problem with my 2014 Ninja 300. I woke up this morning, rode to the gym no problems at all, came home and washed the bike. I go back outside 3 hours later to show a family member the bike and my shifter feels stuck. I kick it down into first and it stays there and the shifter doesn't return like it always does. I figure maybe I just need to get the bike rolling and it'll pop back into gear and whatnot, it doesn't. It will go into first, then second, and after that the shifter is stuck at the top...No matter how hard I kick up, I cannot get it into 3rd. Any ideas whats going on? I read some things online and a spring in the trans may be broken?! For a bike with only 2k miles this seems a little ridiculous so any input would greatly be appreciated.

Also, I popped off the little plastic piece on the side that I guess covers the transmission because it says "6, 5, 4, 3, 2, N, 1" on it and there looks to be alot of black grime where the shift lever is, should I try cleaning it out as it may be the cause of my issue?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It probably is the spring. Give the shifter a small nudge downwards after shifting to 2nd(make sure you donot shift to 1st again) & then shift the lever up to see whether the bike shifts to 3rd.

The grime is because of the chain lube. It does not affect the gearbox.

Regards,
Kaustav

1 - 2 of 2 Posts