Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my bike delivered yesterday and as soon as I took that baby on the road I had it revved up to 9,000 shifting through the gears. I know there is a ton of controversy on how to break it in but who in their right mind can drive a thousand kilometers like a fricken grandpa? I can't! I couldn't even go one day.

I have to say though, this bike is fun! It was 0 degrees Celsius on my ride yesterday and I froze my fingers until I came home to get my winter gloves.

I had a bit of a slip up while turning a corner. I gave it too much gas and the rear wheel got a little squirly. I wasn't too freaked out and on the way back i noticed the road was fairly slick in that spot.

I'm guessing traction gets much better with the warmer weather. Can't wait!! Its snowing right now so I'm waiting patiently. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I calculated it out and with a limitation of only 4k tops like the manual recommends wouldn't make me road legal on most of the main roads near me. I can't imagine riding 600 miles in small suburban and exurban areas keeping it under 4k. That's a little under 1/3 of the total RPM band. It would be like on my cruiser when I got it and they said, "keep it under 2k rpms" lol It idles at 1k.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The power really drops off after about 10K RPM or so, so don't get your hopes up for too much more beyond what you're getting now (at least without some modification).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts