Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I got duped. I went into a dealer for a white ninja 300. They said they had it in their warehouse and I can come by later to pick it up after assembling it. I paid for it right then and there though. When I came back they said their warehouse was closed and had the SE Lime ninja 300 ready for me. They said once the white one came in all they had to do is switch the parts from green to white. Its that even possible????
Its been two weeks and they still say the parts have not arrived. Can I sue them? I had them put it in writing that they would change the color for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it's possible for them to change the color all they have to do is change all the fairings and cowls sounds expensive as just the left fairing is 160 bucks but if its on their dollar good stuff. keep the green fairings and sell em on ebay or you can switch em out later if you want

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think this could give you registration issues. Not sure. Especially the other bike. Hmm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: itsluis

·
Registered
392 Posts
Is this a SE with ABS they gave you?

If its in contract that they have to give you white fairings then they should deliver. Was there a stipulation on time when they would deliver on white fairings for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this a SE with ABS they gave you?

If its in contract that they have to give you white fairings then they should deliver. Was there a stipulation on time when they would deliver on white fairings for you?
Non-ABS. They did give me a time, but that time has passed. They keep pushing back the date on when the parts will arrive. I'm just getting frustrated with them.

Also, i dont think im going to keep any of the parts. They simply said they will switch them out.

This dealer is the Burbank Kawasaki Dealer. I read their reviews after the fact and I'm thinking that its not the first time they pull something like that. :mad:

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well you could try to raise it to management and complain everyday. You could try to sue but cost money, not worth it IMO. Can they take it off another bike that is White if they have one there? You could rock the SE version for a while until your stuff gets there, then you get new fairings again. Honestly if the parts are not there, then not much they can do anyways. I just hope they really did order the parts for you? Maybe ask for a shipping confirmation number if available. Anything they can show they have been ordered? Since you paid for it they should be able to provide this for you if they really did do it.

Maybe ask to get incentives such as discounts or something from them for not being able to deliver on time and causing you this issue, worth a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you could try to raise it to management and complain everyday. You could try to sue but cost money, not worth it IMO. Can they take it off another bike that is White if they have one there? You could rock the SE version for a while until your stuff gets there, then you get new fairings again. Honestly if the parts are not there, then not much they can do anyways. I just hope they really did order the parts for you? Maybe ask for a shipping confirmation number if available. Anything they can show they have been ordered? Since you paid for it they should be able to provide this for you if they really did do it.

Maybe ask to get incentives such as discounts or something from them for not being able to deliver on time and causing you this issue, worth a try.
I'll give it a shot and ask them for an order confirmation. Yeah, i think that is what they were going to do, take off the parts of a white one and switch them. But they said "they "dont" have any in stock to do that". I guess i have to go and complain to them in person.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'll give it a shot and ask them for an order confirmation. Yeah, i think that is what they were going to do, take off the parts of a white one and switch them. But they said "they "dont" have any in stock to do that". I guess i have to go and complain to them in person.
Start with raising it to management at the highest level if you havent done that already. Then ask that person "what are you going to do to make this right?" see if they offer you anything extra for them causing this issue and not delivering on time. State maybe you would like a partial refund and see if they give it to you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seems odd to do though right? Swapping all those parts seems like a lot of work for a dealer, don't you have to switch the gas tank too?

In any case, my dealer told me I would get my bike in a week or two, ended up being about two months. Not due to factory delivery times but because there was some confusion about which color would be shipped when. Maybe it's not the same, but I don't think it's too strange for an entire set of fairings ending up delayed a bit..

Did they give a reason for the delay? In my case the dealer clearly explained why there was a delay and it was perfectly reasonable so maybe it's not so bad?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would have refused the green one and demanded my money back right then and there. That's some shady stuff you dealer is pulling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems odd to do though right? Swapping all those parts seems like a lot of work for a dealer, don't you have to switch the gas tank too?

In any case, my dealer told me I would get my bike in a week or two, ended up being about two months. Not due to factory delivery times but because there was some confusion about which color would be shipped when. Maybe it's not the same, but I don't think it's too strange for an entire set of fairings ending up delayed a bit..

Did they give a reason for the delay? In my case the dealer clearly explained why there was a delay and it was perfectly reasonable so maybe it's not so bad?
Right, They have to switch out everything. No reason for the delay. Just bad business I think. Its just a color thing, doesnt seem like a big deal. But I'm just kinda upset of how the whole situation ended up being. Wish they would have told me to wait and had gotten the color bike that I wanted. They pretty much lied to me. Hopefully everything turns out fine and they end up switching the colors and what not. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have refused the green one and demanded my money back right then and there. That's some shady stuff you dealer is pulling.
I did. I told them that and they were like "its final sale and what not". So i made them write it down on paper so i can have some type of agreement in writing that they would switch out the color on the bike. Worst comes to worse, i guess i have some type of evidence to show.

·
Registered
993 Posts
You should not have accepted the green one....it is not what you ordered. You let them run you around...grow a set.... now when or if they ever decide to change out your cowls, you will have to go down to the dmv and get your registration and or title changed from green to white. Don't forget to do that, you could get a ticket or the bike could be impounded if you get caught with improper title information.
Never ever accept anything from anyone if you paid for something else.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Let's get some things sorted here... Is the VIN on your receipt the same VIN on your bike? Does the papers you signed say white? Mine says LIME/W, if yours say the same, and you don't have it in writing about the white, well, you're screwed...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts