Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local-ish dealership is selling Ninja 300's for MSRP+tax only. They would have to deliver which would probably be ~200$.
Can I still negotiate prices?
Whats up to negotiate? Lower price on bike? Free delivery? Gear discounts?
My weapon of choice will be cash in hand >:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do all 3. Take your time, it's your money. If they're firm on it, then you still tried.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If they are already selling at msrp then that won't budge usually. Can't argue tax. Might have a chance with delivery but unlikely. And if they say no on gear ask for atleast a discount on gear.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
Definitely go for free delivery, although a lot of places deliver for free anyway? Also, almost all places give you a discount on any gear you want (usually 15-25%). If your only paying retail plus tax & license and no shipping/destination charge, your already saving about $400.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The best area I found to negotiate with is discounts on gear, but also another area that a lot forget about is servicing. If you have full payment of cash in hand, the ball is definitely with you here. I would be asking for either first service to be thrown in free, including labour and consumables.....or a good price on the service plans that are available.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Before you ask for free gear or discounts, check to make sure they have gear you want. And do some research on that gear before you go. Try some on while you are there waiting to buy or they are pulling paperwork then squeeze in the gear into the price or discount at the least. Ask them with the item on (wearing it) or may as you are taking it off.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
negotiate to get the deal you want, order all the accessories you want with the bike now & then you tell *THEM* what you want to pay, not the other way round.

make sure you get them to fit the accessories in the sale of the bike, it should be free, but we know it wont be, the price of labour will be built in to the price of the parts & get your 1st service free . i got my 1st service for labour only & i was happy with that.

dont be frightened to talk to a few different dealers, not just one, i did & im glad i did, game me some extra ammo for prices

·
Registered
399 Posts
They CAN sell less than msrp....although it is spring in most places below the Arctic Circle. You had the leverage during winter, now they hold the cards.

Free delivery is a good thing for dealers to do to built loyalty and positive feedback. As has been said, there are more things to negotiate than msrp.

In the middle of spring, if you can pay msrp + tax, you have done well, anything else is gravy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dealers don't make any money on cash sales. They would make more on finance so if you we'd getting finance they would budge more.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cash talks even though they don"t make any money.like they said above ^ worst is no, I Knocked off 500$ in random fees when I started dumping stacks of 10s on the salesman desk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dealers don't make any money on cash sales. They would make more on finance so if you we'd getting finance they would budge more.
Cash sales = money in dealers possession faster but may be lower in total. Financing = more money long term (so to speak) for dealers but on a $6000 total sales bike, interest just isn't too... interesting to dealers. But a $11000 Zx6r will have the dealer nearly begging the buyer for financing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That would be 4,799 + ($200ish tax) an danother $100ish for license plate+registration. That's not bad. Make them remove the $200 delivery fee and maybe 10-15% discount on accessories. They will mostly likely do the discount on accessories because that means more money being spent on their shop. Just negotiate the delivery fee. Remember, every buck you negotiate, it's a buck to your pocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts