Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone who lives in California has been pulled over for your exhaust? I am putting the Two Brothers full exhaust with silencer on next week
and was thinking Johnny Law may not like it. I figured I would just put it on and see what happens (yeah I know the TBR exhaust is pretty loud) and if necessary I'll pick up something more quiet later. I liked the design and sound so I'm hoping it will be ok. I dont ride erratically and I know that usually helps but figured it could get me pulled over eventually. After all I was pulled over twice for modified exhaust in my Evo with a stock exhaust, so I imagine it will happen on the bike with the TBR full exhaust. Oddly enough I never got sweated after I put a full turboback exhaust and cams in the Evo though. Go figure.

Sent from my HTC One X using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I was curious if anyone who lives in California has been pulled over for your exhaust? I am putting the Two Brothers full exhaust with silencer on next week
and was thinking Johnny Law may not like it. I figured I would just put it on and see what happens (yeah I know the TBR exhaust is pretty loud) and if necessary I'll pick up something more quiet later. I liked the design and sound so I'm hoping it will be ok. I dont ride erratically and I know that usually helps but figured it could get me pulled over eventually. After all I was pulled over twice for modified exhaust in my Evo with a stock exhaust, so I imagine it will happen on the bike with the TBR full exhaust. Oddly enough I never got sweated after I put a full turboback exhaust and cams in the Evo though. Go figure.

Good chance you may never get pulled over for it unless you're revving the bike to the moon and it's ridiculously loud. Most of the police in CA wont pull you over just for that unless it's dead out at the moment or someone is having a bad day. As you said, don't do anything stupid and don't be pinging off the rev limiter and you should generally be fine. But remember, it's illegal in CA now if it's now fully EPA, CARB and DOT compliant, so if you do get pulled over, don't be surprised. It's up to you to weigh the pros and cons. If you can live with getting pulled over and eating the ticket, then go ahead and get it. If you don't want to deal with the potential hassle, don't.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I figured it would be a gamble.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a full two brothers and have never been bothered by law enforcement. Im in San Diego.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have a full two brothers and have never been bothered by law enforcement. Im in San Diego.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Cool, that gives me hope. Do you use the silencer insert?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice I can't wait to install mine. I love the looks of it and it sounded great in the sound clips.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dont worry as long as u drive right u shouldnt be bothered ive been next to highway patrols and local pd with my loud ass delkevic and they dont pay me no attention

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have an Akrapovic and I ride the snake where there's a cop stationed every weekend, I've rode past him 20 times and he never even looks at me. From what I've heard, if you get pulled over for something else, and they want to be a jerk they can add it to the ticket, but I don't think they'll pull you over just for an exhaust unless it's ridiculously loud.

Reactions: NinjaBaker
1 - 10 of 10 Posts