Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went in my garage a couple of days back and I noticed this buzzing sound coming from my bike. Everyday since then I go check to see if it makes the sound and it does from time to time. Does anyone know what this could be? The bike is completely off by the way and sometime I haven't even ridden it yet.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Did you try the obvious and check all the orifices to see if bees or wasps aren't trying to build a nest in your bike? Can happen every once in a while if you don't use a bike cover. Sometimes a bug flies down the exhaust being curious.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tank vent...my 250 kinda hum-moaned, the 300 on occasion will hum at a low volume, guess it could be classified as a buzz. As the temps get higher the sound will get louder, not really loud but enough to be annoying sometimes. The 250 made me smile everytime it moaned...kinda like ummmahhhhh ride me please!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you live in CA?
No I live in Texas.

Tank vent...my 250 kinda hum-moaned, the 300 on occasion will hum at a low volume, guess it could be classified as a buzz. As the temps get higher the sound will get louder, not really loud but enough to be annoying sometimes. The 250 made me smile everytime it moaned...kinda like ummmahhhhh ride me please!
Haha every time I hear her from now on that's what I'm going to think.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
lol it's why I asked though. If he had a CA model, then the gas cap wont vent out only in. So if he had a tank cap venting out, then he would need to take it to a dealer ASAP to get a new cap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts